Did you donate already? UPDATED

I donated, what more can I do?

I’ve been spreading the good word of this fundraising campaign among those that follow LMR on Twitter and Facebook. 

If you’ve already donated, or if you can’t afford to right now, you can still help more. Spread the word among your own social networks. Post on community forums, or your own social groups. You’d be surprised how many people are willing to kick in a few dollars to support something that YOU care about, because they care that you care. 

Feel free to reply to this comment and document where you’ve posted. Spreading the word can be even more powerful than the personal donation you make.

Video submissions?

What do you folks think about putting together a video compilation to suppport the fundraising? We could all shoot short videos introducing ourselves and saying why LMR is important to us. A video can really help pump up response to a fundraiser.

Without restricting you to what you put in the video, here is some guidance:

• Introduce yourself: Let people know you are a real person. Use your username if you don’t want to share your personal name.
  • Tell people why LMR is important to you.
  • You can show your robot or robots, but don’t be afraid to show your face too.
  • Keep it brief. Say whatever you like, but keep in mind that the whole video will only be a couple of minutes long. 
  • Include the phrase, “I make robots”.
  • Take the time to set up for good lighting and sound quality.

If there are enough submissions, I can edit the videos together and release it. Post links to your videos in a reply to this comment.

waiting…

just watin on the ol’ tax return :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m thinking it might be a

I’m thinking it might be a good idea to try some sort of robotics themed fundraiser event, such as a workshop for kids to make bots, and all the money from that could go to LMR.

That’s a good idea. I will

That’s a good idea. I will try to make a video tonight. 

YES!
That is what i’ve been looking for! I try to get robotics popular in our school

Haha, just saw this on the

Haha, just saw this on the front page <Before the last click, look for this link: “LMR username (if you want to be listed)”>

But I already donated before you implemented this link :wink: I guess I just will send you my paypal email address to assign it to my user name :wink:

I have donated twice. And

I have donated twice. And the second time used my LMR name.

Well, that’s an option too

Well, that’s an option too :smiley:

Done few days ago! :slight_smile:

Done few days ago! :slight_smile:

First video submission by targetdg15

First video came in:

https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/31516

Making a one time donation

Making a one time donation is the easy part. Keeping LMR going long term is the hard part.

Without a long term plan our donations are simply not going to be enough for true self sustainability.

I don’t have an answer for you guys beyond suggesting everyone donate more than $5 each.

That is true, of course.

That is true, of course. Long term financing is a challenge. Right now LMR gets money from the sales of the start here robot kit, and from the yourduino.com shop. I believe Frits is working on more stuff for on going costs.

What he’s asked for some help on is getting LMRv4 development paid for, which is what we are focusing on here. So the money donated through the donate button is going to that.

Just so people are clear where the money is going.

IgnobleGnome (Andrew) is

IgnobleGnome (Andrew) is absolutely right.

As always :slight_smile:

If you get to it, let me

If you get to it, let me know! I want to throw them videos out on the front page for everyone to see :smiley:

Done! My name is Ray

Done!  My name is Ray (Korel) . It’s a pleasure for me to support a great robots and other projects builders website. I would like to take this opportunity to thank LMR webmasters and members for their great work and generosity to help people with their projects. 

I’m a retired man since a few years already and I don’t consider myself being a robot builder, but I enjoy reading everyones projects everyday or whenever I can. Keep up the good work for us.

THANK YOU LMR.

Thank’s Ray!

Thank’s Ray!

I can’t donate as I don’t

I can’t donate as I don’t have a credit card (don’t want one either) to get a paypal account. But I have a solution to help out in my way. I’ll just buy a bunch of stuff from yourduino which is kind of the same. I’m in to building junkbots, but I’ll make an exception for a good cause!

That does help with the

That does help with the ongoing costs for the site, so thank you.

Let us know how your shopping experience with yourduino.com is.

about micropayment

It’s a bit of a bummer that donation is for paypal/creditcard owners only. It’s understandable since paypal is the micropayment that has succeeded over a lot of other payment possibilities.

How about walking into a bank to make a money transaction to the LMR bank-account? Is that possible in the USA?

Can you specify in the order of Yourduino somewhere that you are LMR’s psychofreaky? Any chance to tell Terry that you buy due to support us?

Do you have a surname?