DiaLFonZo HEXapod Mini - Idea

One step at a time…!!

Looking good! ^____^

Some more steps forward…

Eric,

Looks nice, but maybe a lot of extra hardware, like spacers? Could be OK, but bending up ‘C’ brackets may save you some weight and keep stuff small.

Alan KM6VV

There are almost no spacer
All white “Spacer” you see there are printed plastic parts.

What do you mean by "Blending up " ?

I made many change … in the way things are mounted…

You have basically flat sheet metal parts, and (printed) spacers. Look at the LM ‘C’ bracket, it’s BENT UP, not just flat.

It’s all good, just making some observations, You can ignore…

Alan KM6VV

No i am happy to have feedback.
The thing is that i don’t want to bend anything. Using Flat G10 and or Printed parts

Flat sheet metal tends to be a bit flimsy…

Yes… that’s right

I have real good result with G10 (fiberglass) plate on my copter frames and that’s why i want to use that.

I would like to have feedback for the placement of the coxa… is there enough space for proper movement ??

Hi,

Interesting design, it looks very solid and stable. Like your custom brackets. :smiley:

The coxa looks ok, but I’m worried about the total length of the femur. I’m afraid you’ve to shorten it a lot. What’s the length of the femur now?

Another thing, pay attention to the tars (foot) on the tibia, it should be inline with the coxa joint (seen from above).

I assume you are planing to place the main mcu inside the body?

Love your work. Keep the pictures coming!

Thanks a lot Zenta… :wink:

Yes the coxa will be in line to the tip of the femur on the ground.
All in line now… !

The main MCU will be an ArduinoProMini which i will double side tape it under the SSC32 board

WOW! Now that is looking awesome! Can’t wait to see the real thing! :mrgreen:

Tanks… :wink:
The chalenge will be to make it move… :blush:

OK, I see where you’re at.

Keep the G10 flat! However I did make up a set of legs for Loki (search forum) out of G10, and simply did notches for the joints, and soldered them. Not as applicable here, probably too much stress. Loki didn’t seem to mind.

Alan KM6VV

Well it’s g10 not PCB … Can’t solder

Oh that’s right. I got copper-clad PCB stock surplus, so that’s what I use. Looks pretty too if you shine it up and wax or coat it.

Alan KM6VV

Ok i mignt do it in CF plate finaly… lol
(Pressure from innerbreed)

I change the Coxa braket to be one piece and the bottom bracket bolt now to the center plate for strengh.

The carbon fiber looks nice!

Tibia looks long and thin. How much does that thickness flex?

I suppose you could epoxy the CF? My '450 heli is CF. First time I’ve worked with the stuff.

Alan KM6VV