DFRobot Christmas Challenge

DFRobot-Christmas_rover.jpg

I found this DFRobot challenge and I thought, 'Hey, it's been a while since anyone has posted a link to a contest on LMR'.

Then I thought, 'What's the difference between an external contest by some other website and an LMR Challenge?'

So I'm posting a link to the DFRobot Christmas Challenge.

Here's some info from their site, just for convenience.

Rules

1. You need to use a DFRobot robotic platform:

Links for some suggested platforms: (NOTE: the competition has been extended to any DFRobot robotic platform)

1. Make your own robot using the included parts and any other items (sensors, motors, costumes, etc...) you might want to add.
  2. Make it look good, and most important, have fun!
  3. Deadline: February 15th 2012

NOTE: If you already have the 4WD platform you may also participate!

Manual for our Chirstmas Rover special: Manual

How the winner will be determined

The winner will be determined by the community. People will be able to vote on their favorite robot until February 25th 2012. The winner will be announced on February 26th 2012. The robots with the most votes will win a coupon. See below for prices.

Awards

• 1st place: 200 USD Coupon
  • 2nd Place: 100 USD Coupon
  • 3rd Place: 35 USD Coupon

Where to submit your entry robot

Forum Poll

Awesome find

I think I just changed my project timeline to accomodate this challenge. Thanks ig!

I think posting an external

I think posting an external challenge qualifies as spam. I’m marking it till the admins make the call. No offense implied, just my interpretation of the rules as people around hear seem to brag about killing spam.

Ok my bad!

Ok my bad!

**Got a 4wd platform for Christmas! **

crap… 2 years late.  lol.

oh well the contest entries are inspiration for what to do for my build.