DFRobot 2A Motor Shield

Hey guys, I am trying to use this motor shield stacked on an Arduino Uno to power a 12V Gear Head Motor.
On the input side, I have 12-13V supplied from a battery, and one motor connected on the output for Motor 1.
I have the PWR_IN Jumper in place, as I want to use the one external battery to power the motor and controller. With this, the board gets no power from the battery, and to power the Arduino I need to use USB.

Below is the code I am using to test functionality, but it doesn’t do anything, not even any status leds on the motor controller to show it is getting commands.

Is there anything else necessary to configure this, or is the board defective?

Thanks in advance.

[code]//Arduino PWM Speed Control:
int E1 = 5;
int M1 = 4;
int value = 255;

void setup()
{
pinMode(M1, OUTPUT);
pinMode(E1, OUTPUT);
}

void loop()
{

digitalWrite(M1,HIGH);
analogWrite(E1, value); //PWM Speed Control
delay(10);

}[/code]

I had a similar problem that turned out to be my fault - I had swapped positive and negative leads on the power input. This results in very little voltage on the input terminals. Not sure what your other e-mails indicated, but this puzzled me for a number of days.

Another thing to try is setting the jumpers to VIN (without motors connected) and running your program. The status LEDs on the motor shield should light up. If they do, then the power input may be the problem.

Fred

I did check the polarity of my power supply with a multimeter, but did not realize that the leads had been swapped at the multimeter giving me the opposite what I should have had. Symptoms were similar to yours - no voltage at the terminals, no response from the on-board LEDs.

Hi,

Based on additional e-mails exchanged via the RobotShop Support Center, it seems likely the board is defective.

Sincerely,