Dexterity of the Lynx 6 arm

I am planning to build a Robotic Arm that will be able to listen to a computer and take typed messages and transcribe them onto a piece of paper via a pen. how dextrous is the arm… will I be able to write small letters or will I be limited to entire sheets per letter?

It is acurate enough to write something I would believe, but it would take good programming. Also, you would need sufficient wait on the paper for it to enscribe letters.

It’s difficult to know the exact resolution because the resolution is tighter the closer you get to the base of the arm. It should be able to write legible letters as small as 0.50" tall with ease. But it’s just an educated guess.

does anyone have an example of the code to control the various parts of the arm? i am thinking of doing this in VB. or will i have to use a more complex language?

I might use a marker instead of a pen since the ink flows better and smoother, also these require less weight to draw with but I will make note of using a weight on the arm if that fails.

I too would be interested if somebody has some code… this was one of the first things I wanted to try once I learn my way around RIOS - or is RIOS not the right way to attack this?

Oh, and would it be limited to block type letters or are curved letters possible? Not even sure where to start.

Didn’t mean to hijack this thread! Sorry! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I hope to make some curved letters… eventually going to cursive style writing … but based on these videos lynxmotion.com/ViewPage.aspx … egoryID=17
I do think it would be possible… however I need to actually get the robot from my instructors before I can get to assempling it. But I am aleready planning out the vectors for the letters…