Dewalt Collet for Shapeoko

Hi there!

About a year and a half ago I bought a Shapeoko from RobotShop and at the time I was able to get an 1/8 collet for the Dewalt Router from your website as well. However, I no longer see it listed. I’m looking at buying a second machine and would prefer another Dewalt router (as I’m most familiar with it). Can you let me know if that part is still available?

Thank you in advance,
Janice

1 Like

Hi @JaniceKnottyContessa and welcome to our forum!

Unfortunately, we don’t have DeWalt routers in our catalog. Only Carbide and Makita.

If you are planning on buying another Shapeoko machine and use DeWalt router, please choose 69mm version (product codes Rb-Crb-93 or Rb-Crb-92 or Rb-Crb-97) due to compatibility.

a quick google search shows these 1/8 collets to be practically bubbling up out of the earth.

here is one offer ( a link disabled to avoid getting marked as spam ->) millrightcnc.com/product/dewalt-collet/

But there are plenty out there…(I think the auto reply about you buying another shapoko missed the mark, it seems like you want to keep gettin use out of your 1.5 year old machine. Which seems entirely fair.)

Thanks. I’m looking for a second machine and have the 1/8 collet from Robotshop when I originally bought the machine.
The problem is that I’m in Canada so there aren’t many suppliers who ship that to us. Robotshop.ca was one of the only places to get it.

ah… I see… I hate to send someone directly into the jaws of one of our Yankee Doodle monster monopolies but it looks like Amazon.ca has them.

A plan B might be to ask a USA based friend to help. This is a surprising problem, but I believe you.