Design Engine for Robotics

Hey everyone. My name is Matt and I just started working on something, but I wanted to see if anyone thought it would be useful. It’s an interface that helps beginners design different types of electronics. It can be used to design drones, robotic arms, spiderbots, etc. It takes the intimidating parts of the design process and simplifies it. At the end, the user can either buy a product based on the specs, get a list of parts and a blueprint, or even just get a kit they can buy. I’m just feeling this out. Plrase let me know if you have any thoughts/ideas. Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

It’s good to read that you have an interesting idea :slight_smile:

As I understood, you want a design an online software solution? Do you have any sketches or something similar?

I’ve used something similar but in mechanical design. The goal was to design some workstations out of aluminum profiles for a factory. Hence, I used an online design tool from manufacturer (https://www.item24.de/en/customer-solutions/configurators.html)
Basically, I create a station, and at the end, I would get drawings, bill of materials and also an offer with prices for all the parts from a local supplier.

You can have a look at it and maybe you can get more ideas.

1 Like

I do have some mockups I started. I’m just developing the concept. Nothing finished yet, but I like your tool. It’s really similar to what I want to do. I was hoping to get a site up and start selling products before I get this tool done, but I could use some guidance from anyone that’s been involved in selling products online. Possibly a cofounder or anyone that can give advice. I like your tool and it gives me some ideas. What language is it written in? Thank you for your help. I feel like I’m going in the right direction now.

1 Like

This is just how I thought the user would start out, making small decisions picking basic settings until they got to a base design. Then I thought they would move on to something similar to the 3D environment you mentioned above.

Looks great @mzuern !

Regarding “my” tool. I don’t know anything, since I didn’t create it. I was just using it :slight_smile:

This looks interesting but to create a robot would mean having a large library of Sensors.
I am thinking of making my own drone using a PID controller and this programme could be very useful.
The main problem is finding the right technical “level” for the users.

Perhaps funding over aa crowdfunding network?

Good luck on this challenging project.

You’re right. We will need a large library of sensors. That will certainly be built on as this goes. Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully, I can build a following to make crowdfunding a possibility.