Dagu Magician Arduino Compatible Controller Board

As long as I'm waiting for the delivery of my Arduino UNO board, I have a "Dagu Magician Arduino Compatible Controller Board" bought low.
The instructions can be found here ... DAGU Board Manual
But I do not know on what kind of board I should put the Arduino IDE.
The board operates one ATMega8.

Has anyone ever used this board and programmed? I would appreciate help.

So I tried it, but with the

So I tried it, but with the “Arduino NG or older with ATmega8” makes the NewPing library problems and I get lots of error messages.
It looks as if the new libraries will not work with the ATMega8.

Lemme guess, Arduino 1.0…

Bob, I going to guess you are using Arduino 1.0, huh?

Try this: Download arduino 22 or 23. That’s it. Everything will work now.

I’ve download yesterday last

I’ve download yesterday last version 1.0.4. (stable version)

Some libraries need

a modification. I would look for #include “WProgram.h” at the beginning of your NewPing lib. Check this: http://arduino720.wikispaces.com/Installing+Libraries

Confused…

Ok, now I’m confused!
I’ve now cleaned and compiled with my makefile settings (Linux - yesterday I used Arduino IDE on Win7).
But now I get no error on NewPing Library, but… look to your self.
Bord is set to atmega8.

~/opt/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp:109:11: error: attempt to use poisoned “SIG_UART_RECV”
~/opt/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp:110:4: error: #error “Don’t know what the Data Received vector is called for the first UART”
~/opt/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp: In function ‘void store_char(unsigned char, ring_buffer*)’:
~/opt/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp:98:20: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
~/opt/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp: In member function ‘void HardwareSerial::begin(long unsigned int, byte)’:
~/opt/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp:379:11: warning: unused variable ‘current_config’ [-Wunused-variable]
~/opt/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp: In member function ‘virtual size_t HardwareSerial::write(uint8_t)’:
~/opt/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp:478:27: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
make: *** [.lib/~/opt/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp.o] errors 1

/edit:
If I’m set board to atmega168, there is no problem!
Don’t know what compatibility the DAGU board needs… 

The other way is, to get a ATMega168 chip and put it on this board.

/nextedit:
Ok, after some research on google I found this page … DAGU Products
And look, written by a member of LMR! :wink:
And the instructions says, yes… set it to atmega8!

So, I think the Arduino IDE or core have some problems with atmega8 settings. 

Ok, some problems fixed.

Ok, some problems fixed. :slight_smile:

Problem with HardwareSerial.* is selfmade. My Makefile looks first on system path for avr-g++ and other tools, but there was a ubuntu 12.10 version installed. I’ve removed this and now Makefile get the right one from Arduino 1.0.4 and the HardwareSerial erroers are gone.

Next problem again… NewPing will not work with atmega8 board setting. So, must change this or write a message to developer.

Thank you for all your help!

NewPing fixed…

NewPing problem fixed too.

I’ve send the developer a mail and he send me a new version (1.6) of NewPing library that now will work with atmega8 settings.

Great, this problems are fix… thank you all!

@OldBot

Yes, I was thinking to replace the ATMega8A by a ATMega168, but my Freaduino Board and Shield is now on its way from Hong Kong to me.
I use the DAGU board now to try out and playing around …