Control ardubot by bluetooth

Photo_Dec_18__20_42_58.jpg

Hey guys,

I have a small project, I want to control the robot through Bluetooth. But now, I don’t know how can I use Bluetooth and communicating it to arduino board.

These components I have:

Ardubot (_http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/129)

Blutoot Mate (_http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9358)

Can anybody help me to solve these problem?

Best regards,

Vo

It should be easy to connect

It should be easy to connect the BT module with the Arduino / Ardubot:

BT         Ardubot

RX-I         TX (Digital 1)

TX-O         RX (Digital 0)

VCC          5V

GND         GND

To communicate with the PC you can use the normal Serial commands from Arduino. On PC side you will need a BT dongle with SPP protocol (Serial). You will need to open a virtual COM port to connect to the BT module.

if you have an android

if you have an android phone, you can try amarino

make sure to configure the

make sure to configure the BT module for the baud rate you want to use.  You can do this using a terminal program (ie teraterm) by sending the ‘$$$’ configuration sequence and using the AT command set of the Roving Networks BT module.  You can only enter config mode within 60 seconds of poweron/resent.

I have the BT Mate.

It’s pretty simple. You don’t need to configure it if you use hardware serial; just accept that it is 115,200. I put a female pin block on mine so it plugs into FTDI on a Pro Mini or Fio. I got a Fio thinking I would use it for xBee and it doesn’t work with the 900 MHz Pro xBees and I got the BT Mate before deciding the xBees make more sense for the projcet, so these are castoffs that will begoing into my next toy…

The trick is the pairing from the PC. Tell it to search for the device and when it finds it you select the option to enter the code for pairing and use 1234. Pay attention to what COM port it creates. Any BT dongle on the PC works; SPP requires nothing special; it is a service supported by software. I do prefer a USB dongle to built in BT support though. Every now and then the paring gets in an odd state andi t is hard to straighten it out with a built in. With the dongle, just unplug and plug it back it in.

I connected BT to ardubot

I connected BT to ardubot but its not working at all (no power).

I dont know why but I think the motor driver SN754410 is broken.

I dont know how can i test its broken and why its broken???

I suggest you use a

I suggest you use a multimeter to measure the voltages at the various pins of the H-bridge.

oh, im sorry, i have some

oh, im sorry, i have some mistake on connection.

so now, its working at all. 

i dont know the code how to control the robot by bluetooth.

can anyone help me the code example ???

Can you provide the details

Can you provide the details of your project?

1. Are you wanting to control from a computer running windows or something else?
  2. Are you wanting to use a terminal program (sends text to your arduino) to control it or a console or GUI program (if so what programming language and development environment/software are you using)?
  3. Do you have a start on your arduino code you can post?  (I don’t know the ardiuno libraries but I’m sure others can be very helpful)

I have done it with terminal software

Unfortunately, I don’t have it in that form right now so what I am about to give you is from memory and may need adjustment…

In loop, I read the serial port and looked for characters q, w, e, a, s and d like this:

if (Serial.available())

{

byte inByte = Serial.read();

switch( inByte)

{

case ‘q’:

BearLeft();

break;

case ‘w’:

Forward();

break;

case ‘e’:

BearRight();

break;

case ‘a’:

TurnLeft();

break;

case ‘s’:

StopMotor();

break;

case ‘d’:

TurnRight();

break;

}

}

You have to write all those functions to drive the motor and/or steering servo depending on your specific motor control and motor

my detail project is so

my detail project is so simple:

i want to control robot through bluetooth.

i will use the android phone, and write something on android phone.

it will send characters to robot through bluetooth and i will control robot easily.

but now, i dont know the code of ardubot, how the ardubot can work with characters.

and how the android phone can send characters to ardubot through bluetooth.

You can use the cellbots

You can use the cellbots sourcecode for your need. There is the cellbots.pde sketch you will need to adapt to your robot. The cellbots app can be found in the Android market. Later on, you can write your own programs in Java or Python.

I think Python for Android

I think Python for Android is likely to be the easiest platform to develop a Bluetooth application.  I personally only have experience with PyS60 which is Python for Symbian Operating System on a Nokia smartphone.  Check out my robot (by clicking my name) for more details on that, I’ve included source code.

can anyone help me the code

can anyone help me the code making the robot running by ownself???

i will use android os because i dont have any symbian os. thanks for replying.

Autonomous now?

Are you looking for code to make an autonomous robot? I think you just need to learn how to program, my friend. Start with getting a led to blink and expand from there. There is even a LED on that Arduino board you can use --it is connected to pin 13. You may want to wait on this whole Bluetooth/ mobile thing for a little while.