Connection problems (SSC-32): please cycle the power and try again

I have connection or detection problems. I am using windows 7 (a physical machine) and I get this problem: ‘‘please cycle the power and try again’’. It does not seem to detect Servo Controller SSC-32. I have already powered the controller, but maybe it is not the right way, although I have tried it in different ways. I saw that someone else had already posted the question some time ago, but they didn’t give a solution. I would like to know if anyone was able to solve it?

I would be very grateful for your help, either to drop this option or try some solution.

@GR15 Welcome to the RobotShop Community.
The easiest way to power the SSC-32 is using VS1, ensuring the + goes to positive and - goes to ground.
VL doesn’t need power if you’re operating at 6V. It’s there to give the option of a separate logic supply if needed.
VS2 is there if you need additional power, at which point you’re remove the two VS1=VS2 jumpers.

We suggest wiring harnesses like those below. Be absolutely certain no loose wires make contact between the screw terminals.

The USB to serial is a normal FTDI and although most of the time Windows installs the drivers on its own, if not, look up FTDI VCP drivers and choose your operating system.

We’re happy to help.

1 Like