Compatibilty RB-Dot-12 with Hands like RB-You-05

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.
Is Dobot RB-Dot-12 with one of the Hands like RB-You-05?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hi @kueppersharald and welcome to the forum!

Those two products are not, let’s say, plug and play, compatible (but they still could work together).

Rb-Dot-12 is and industrial robot and it is usually connected to PLC in industrial environment. Rb-You-05 is controlled by Arduino. Theoretically, there could be one main PLC that could control the robot and the arm through communication port (for example, serial). Also, you would need to see how to mechanically mount the arm to the robot.

What is your application? What are you trying to create? If it is possible, please share more info with us!

Thank you , this is exactly, what I needed. I’ am looking for a cobot for mounting activities in education workshop. This hand interested me more or less for marketing reasons. I found out it is easier to sell a robotic course when system or a least a part of it looks human. So I’d like a cobot for mounting light things up to 3 kg’s which has a science fiction like appearance.

Kind Regards
Harald

Good! If you want a good robot and you have a nice budget, it is ok to buy complete solution. If you want to experiment a little bit more on your own, you can checkout different projects in our Robots section. Maybe you get some inspiration there.