Compass with voltage output

I need a compass sensor that functions like a potentiometer. 0 volts would be north, 1 volt east, 2 volts south, 3 volts west. This is just an example on a 4 volt system. The compass should output varying voltage depending on what way the robot is turned.

1 Like

Hi @Rosco ,

Based on your description, it seems that you are searching for an analog compass sensor. I am not sure how easy is to find these…

Maybe something like this: Dinsmore 1525 Analog Hall Effect Sensor (Compass)

Anyway, I think digital magnetic compass sensors are much easier to find and integrate. Here is something from RobotShop:

In the end, do you really have to use analog sensor?

Thank you for the information, I think i could make that dinsmore sensor work. Digital sensors are probably easier, but i’m not very handy with those things. What i’m trying to do is get one of my remote controls to wirelessly tell me what direction it is heading(frsky taranis). I figured i could use a lipo individual cell sensor to tell me the voltage of a compass sensor. I know there are other options, but this remote control will be 4’ underground so no video and no gps.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I hope someone from the forum will have some better suggestions.