Commandes au volant pour un Kart des tiné à une personne handicapée (Karting hand control for disabled child)

Hello !
Nous sommes en train construire un Kart adapté pour un enfant de 11 ans en situation de handicap qui ne peut pas utiliser ses membres inférieurs. Il s’agit donc de remplacer la pédale d’accélérateur et celle du frein par un système de contrôle au volant.
Pour actionner le câble d’accélérateur (relié au carburateur) je cherche un servomoteur fonctionnant en 12V, permettant de tirer un câble sur une longueur de course de 40 mm, à haute vitesse (minimum 100 mm/s) et suffisamment puissant pour tirer le câble d’accélérateur (moteur Rotax 125cc). Ce moteur sera piloté en filaire par un mini joystick installé sur le côté droit du volant du Kart (potentiomètre 1 axe avec retour/rappel automatique au point zéro).
De la même façon, un servomoteur (caractéristiques identiques au servomoteur du cable d’accélérateur) permettra d’actionner le câble relié à la pompe de l’étrier des freins. Ce second servomoteur sera également piloté par un mini joystick installé sur le côté gauche du volant du Kart (potentiomètre 1 axe avec retour/rappel automatique au point zéro).
Pourriez-vous me proposer des matériels qui pourraient convenir pour ces montages ? servomoteurs, attaches, joystick, cablage, carte, programmes, etc…
Merci d’avance,

Hi there @Luke78 and welcome to the community!

I don’t speak french but I translated your post so I hope I got everything right haha. First of all that is an awesome project! I hope it turns out as good as it sounds and it would be great if you could share it in the Robots section.

I suggest you check out the Servo Motors section, as I don’t know much about Karts I’m afraid I can’t give much advice on how much torque you need so I can suggest an specific model (but maybe someone else in the forum can :grin:). For the joystick I suggest checking this out, maybe something like this could work for your project https://www.robotshop.com/en/joystick-momentary-switch.html.

Finally, I recommend giving a look at this post:

It is a similar project so it might give you some ideas.

Good luck with your project :smiley:

Thank you very much for your answer and these informations.
You’re right. The first thing is to have a look all around the posts talking about similar project.
An other point is that I will translate my own question and I will post it in the Robot section.
Thanks.

Don’t worry about it. We are all here to help :grin:

And if you need more assistance don’t hesitate to ask.

Oh and one more thing, what I meant by suggesting to share your project on the Robots section is for when you have already started your project, not for asking for guidance (for that you are in the right place :smile:).

The robots section is mainly about showcasing a robotic creation, which can be anything that fits with the definition of a robot! From robotic arms to line-following robots, members share the finished project, their brainstorming and/or design process as well as the technical aspects of the build. It’s about sharing your creation, your thinking process, the steps involved, lessons learned and techniques!