Coding

PLEASE someone please post some real code for the Rover, do not send me off to some sample code, I need real code. That is the only way I can learn is to have something to work with. I want to eventually have a IR or US controlled autonomous unit. I am a complete novice and can not figure out how to program this thing from skeletal code snatches. I could also use a suggestion for some recommended sensors.
thanks in advance.
UncleMike

Hi UncleMike,

The code which can be found in the user guide is “real” code and allows you to control the rover in FWD / REV / L / R via the keyboard. You are free to modify this code for your application (for example to make the rover autonomous). If you are completely new to robotics, we suggest following the Arduino Tutorial page, as well as the foundations page. There is a lot of code available online for the Arduino, especially when working with common products (such as the Sharp IR sensor, potentiometers etc.). RobotShop has also setup a complete page about the Arduino in the Learning Center (the “Curriculum” section is particularly relevant).

The types of sensors depends on your application, but for he rover, we suggest a Sharp distance sensor (and associated cable), a rotation sensor (potentiometer) and one or more shields to experiment with.

Hope this helps,

Thank you for the sensor lead.
I can not understand the code in the user guide all I can do is creat instant syntax errors with the simplest of modification.
I need code I can drop in to the board and “go”. I do not need teathered code I want to run autonomously.
Is there some forum taboo about giving out this kind of code to novices?
UncleMike