"CoasterBot" Robot Design Contest by Club Jameco

coaster.jpg

CLUB JAMECO CONTEST: DESIGN AND BUILD A “COASTERBOT”

What is a coaster? A CD or DVD that has no use other than holding a beverage, or in this case, forming the framework for a robot.

Club Jameco, the hobbyist site that allows electronics enthusiasts to earn commissions from the sale of their projects, is sponsoring CoasterBot II after the successful original contest from a few years back. Have fun building and win a prize!

Cut/paste this URL for registration and all contest info: http://www.clubjameco.com/index.php/pages/display/coaster-bot?CID=bcletsmakerobots

Registration deadline is July 31, 2013.

coasterbot requirements clarification

The extra sensor should provide an additional function, which may be related to the other functions. It must avoid obstacles, but the additional sensor may allow it to engage with certain objects. For example, a tennis ball robot could avoid running into the net or fence but pick up tennis balls.

Or the extra sensor could be for something unrelated to objects, such as it could be activated by music and dance without running into something.

Hope that helps!

I guess that is a fun

I guess that is a fun challenge and I am ready to join :slight_smile:

But what does it mean " the

But what does it mean " the ability to navigate space". Should it navigate to a certain location or roaming around by avoiding obstacles?

Excellent. You are confirmed.

Excellent. You are confirmed.

Roaming around and avoiding

Roaming around and avoiding obstacles.

Navigating to location is not required.

Ok, thanks :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks :slight_smile:

hello,I saw the registration

hello,I saw the registration deadline is 31st July…but on the site it’s showing that it’s 1st July…can I include myself now for the challenge?

regards,

Dipanjan

registration was extended to July 31

You may still register for the contest. We extended the deadline to July 31 and will change the date on the Club Jameco site. Thanks for the catch. To register, please send email to [email protected] including designer name, address, phone number and a brief description of the coasterbot.