CNC kit recommendation?

Dear: LMR

Hey guys I really want to build a cnc. I have never owned or used a cnc and I have been doing a ton of research on them. Here's the thing I already have access to a cnc and am waiting to take a class on one. That cnc is at my makerspace. I want to build my own cnc for reasons that are primarily to learn how to build one and to kill some free time. But mostly to have fun. I don't want a massive cnc something that can fit on a desktop and that can most importantly engrave into soft stone like marble for artwork and such. Any recommendations? Thanks!!!

Budget?

We have a nice selection of desktop CNC machines, but based on the fact that you said “kit” and “fun”, I’ll assume you’d like the keep the budget down? https://www.robotshop.com/en/tabletop-milling-machines.html

Note that soft stone is not as easy as wood, so you’ll need a respectably powered machine. We have one or two potential suppliers which we hope to bring in for less expensive desktop CNC machines, but not sure if they can do stone. 

Any ideas about size and budget?

Anything that fits on a desk with that is under $400 will work.

Anthing under $400 will work that fits on a desk. Thanks!!!

Cnc

We purchased a CNC (3040) QD, I’ve had it over 12 months now used every other day. Needs a little practice to find its qualitys but overall very good basic first CNC, would have go a bigger on but happy with it.