Clever ways of attaching components to your robot

During the development of Farrusco, we tried a lot of different ways to attach components to PVC supports, from hot-glue, to screws and double side-tape. Because this is intended to be sold as a kit the main keywords were: easy, cheap, last long as possible, and as a final thought “less is more”, what you will see in the fotos below was how André Almeida solved the issue, all credits goes to him. As you see we are using PVC but this can be done with cardboard, wood, acrylic, polymorph, you name it..

We will show bumper-sensors and a Sharp distance sensor, there won’t be much to say, photos speak for themselves:

What we will use is as simple as this:

5567957021_0833b8dee7.jpg

Starting with the bumpers, as you see they will fit perfectly inside the holes

5567943965_31bd0c0299.jpg

Attach them with zip ties

5567944589_897a43c391.jpg

let’s do the same with the Sharp IR

5568533764_784b0c3ba6.jpg

Fits perfectly on the pvc

5567946877_926241f0e4.jpg

use zipties to attach both to each other

5568534392_23857c1c83.jpg

fotos below speak for themselves:

5567992613_39a8503d0c.jpg

5567945249_5b8c57df93.jpg

Know your components, use their shape as an advantage and finally, try to be as simple as possible.

Now that you saw this, you can imagine other cool ways to attach components and sensors to your robots!!

hi

im joy new on this site, i know nothing about robots and their basics i will be very grateful if you will teach me.thank u

hello, best way to start is

hello, best way to start is by creating a forum topic with your questions/robot/project, and I will be willing to help you

If you are new…

You should try (or look at) the start here robot.  That is the way I started along with many other members.

https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/start

Hope that helps.

Also, reading the rules will

Also, reading the rules will help make your interactions on LMR more effective.

Cool stuff guibot. I’m in

Cool stuff guibot. I’m in the midst of a build right now, and I’ll see if I can use this tip. Could zip ties be the new hot glue? ; j

The evolution of robot

The evolution of robot construction on LMR… maybe one day actual bolts will be used!

I would place zipties on one

I would place zipties on one of the greatest inventions, maybe right next to the old friend clip  ::slight_smile:

Inverno.jpg

Good idea!

I’ll probably use this on my next build!