CL/CH command always goes limp/hold

Hello! I’m using a LSS HT1 with a Teensy micro-controller. I’m developping my own library to use it and so far, it’s been great! I really want to use the CL modifier in the context of my project, but I can’t make it work properly… Without the CL modifier, it works perfectly. This command (“#10D1800”) is fine, but this one (“#10D1800CL350”) makes the motor start a rotation, but it goes limp after a couple of degrees. I’ve tried sending a threshold of 1200 mA, but it still goes limp most of the time (90%) after 5 - 10 degrees and doesn’t attain the desired angle (180 degrees in this case).

Is there a way to fix that? Am I sending a faulty command?

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

@Chronomed_Intern Welcome to the RobotShop Community.

1. Can you tell us if you have more than one servo, or just the one?
  2. Is the output horn free spinning or connected to something?
  3. Can you query the status when it stops? i

What you describe doesn’t seem normal. The only other question is really if the code’s doing something it shouldn’t. Can you check the output? You only need to send the command once.

2 Likes

The current draw could be exceeding the maximum allowed which is shutting down the pin/port.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response!
I’ve found the problem with my code, I was sending a command which had 2 modifiers (speed (D) and Current Limp (CL)). I would have expected it to work with multiple modifiers, but it doesn’t seem like it.
The Current Limp modifier now works perfectly!

Excellent. Happy to hear.

1 Like