Christmas Presents

What was the best present you got this year? post it here so we can all see and show off to others what we got for christmas.

its gone

i ate it.

box of chocolates.

So far…

I admit I’m a nerd.

1KG of polymorph and a Parallax GPS.

Which froze my BS2 with its demo program. Any tips on resetting the factory defaults on a BS2 and BOE?

**Nothing!! … for now **

Well I still haven gotten anything but I might get a decent 17’’ Laptop for the new year.

Basic stamp reprogramming
Check out the parallax forum. I have seen imfo on programming the BS2 with other programs.

When you get nothing every year…
coal starts to look nice!

the mother of all wiked cool h-bridges

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9210

Calculon looks forward to doing a write-up

well it was the day after
well it was the day after christmas but i got a dremel

Fire Pretty

Pyros like me don’t mind getting coal for Christmas. Thanks Santa!

My super girlfriend got me a

My super girlfriend got me a USB Logic Analyzer. (http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8938)

She didn’t even know what is was for. :slight_smile: Works really well too, if anyone has been considering one!

Well, the best present my

Well, the best present my wife gave me… is not for discussion on this forum.

She also got me a tackle box to help organize my electronic parts.

Radio Shack Electronics Learning Lab

I mentioned it from a post I had read right before Christmas and I got it as a present, I saved my wife/kids cuz they didn’t know what to get me.

I have already made a bunch of the simple LED flashers & buzzers of various speeds. I figure I can learn to read a schematic and finally understand what Ohm’s Law…

I had always wanted one of these kits when I was a kid, my Mom wouldn’t get it for me since she thought I would electrocute myself. When she found out I finally got one (I’m frakin 39 now) she still gives me the ‘Don’t electrocute yourself!’. Sheesh.

Let the fun begin!

Capacitors

You watch you don’t accidentally build an uber-capicitor and give yourself a jolt. Never underestimate a mother’s ability to be right all the time.You can give yourself a nasty shock by licking the terminals of a 9V battery!

Best loot

I’ve taken up ice skating again, since son number 1 took an interest. So, spouse has bought son and me some ice skates for Christmas.

Parents and in-laws bought me Glanze indexable cutting tools for my lathe.

I was in France for Christmas and flew home early to put wallpaper up in the house. I had only cabin baggage, so I had to leave the tools in France until my wife comes back next week. Gutted!

Still awaiting mine - a nice

Still awaiting mine - a nice new 230x750 lathe! Got delayed as we found termites in the shed so the (initial) funds had to first go in repairing the shed - as did much of my holidays :frowning:

PeteH