Chopstick Junior 1.0

Yes i do, no cheating, no

Yes i do, no cheating, no hidden power source :wink:

I am running the whole thing with just that 4 AA Eneloop and it’s running already a total time of about 1 hour. But I consider to change to 2x LiPo each 3.7V to save some weight. Reduce weight = reduce amount of power needed to move the thing :wink:

You forgot the EL wire… it’s powered by the same batteries…but still no idea how long it will last now with this additional power demand.

Thats awesome! I definitely

Thats awesome! I definitely have to make a robot based on this one. This is too cool to ignore. Have you considered using a blackberry cell phone battery? I have used a old phone battery from a blackberry 8220 (BAT-11004-001) for my trackbot’s motoros and it worked well. See here… 

**I really like **

I really like the quick confident way this bot moves around, the use of EL wire takes it to another level. Will be much imitated I think.

I do not have a Blackberry

I do not have a Blackberry battery but a couple of LiPo’s lying around. later I will exchange the heavy 4xAAA with 2x LiPo 3.7V. So it’s running on 7.4V then…will see if the servos can handle it.

Thanks. Yeah, the EL wire

Thanks. Yeah, the EL wire draws a lot of attention and I am sure there will be more TRON-like bots soon :wink:

My own walker! Thank you

My own walker! Thank you lumi… check it out here

Ok, thanks for making

Ok, thanks for making another one :wink: It seems OddBot’s Chopsticks will have a big family.

I will check the video later since I do not have VPN here where I am now. 

Hey lumi… check this

Hey lumi… check this out! https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/30598

Thanks again :slight_smile:

is there any further

is there any further development planned or done? Would like to see your ideas, modifications and new features :wink:

Hey Lumithanks for the

Hey Lumi

thanks for the ‘collect’ :slight_smile:

ooohh… a duino controlled walker … I think ill give my walker a firmware update with this duino  :slight_smile:

congrats!

congrats lumi!! wow! 250 euros??? someone’s gonna be up all night buyin’ on ebay :stuck_out_tongue:

Gratulations from me too,
Gratulations from me too, Lumi. This robot was different to the others . As we LMR are. Image reflect. Rock on!

Congrats!!

Awesome project lumi!!

Congrats Lumi! Well done

Congrats Lumi! Well done robot, I’m proud to be part of the same community! Keep building robots, you’re doing great!

See (newer) folks, you can get inspired by other LMR fellows’s projects and build a robot that will eventually pay off for all your troubles and give you so much more inspiration in return! Think about the pride of beeing that guy on the stage that built that cool robot that everybody liked so much they had to give it a prize!!! I’ve been there with Lego robots and so can you! So start building robots, go to competitions, get rewards!

Cheers!

Thanks guys. It was quite a

Thanks guys. It was quite a surprise since the jury did not ask any question after my presentation. So i though they were just bored and needed some fancy useful big and expensive robot like the “hospital bot” (that’s another story). So the surprise was great as I heard “The third price goes to Chopstick Junior”. Well, i was kind of speechless and only could stammle “thank you” but there was a lot more i wanted to say.

Thanks OddBot for your inspiration that I got the idea to build my Junior. Thanks LMR to be such a nice community and helpful bunch of people. Thanks Campus Party to invite me/us.

CONGRATIOLATIOOOOONS!! :smiley:

CONGRATIOLATIOOOOONS!! :smiley:

Lumi presenting the Chopstick Junior

Live at the Campus Party in Berlin.

MonsterCatcher22.jpg

Fantastic!

Your project is fantastic Lumi, I really liked.

Thanks, I hope I could

Thanks, I hope I could inspire you lie OddBot did it with the BIG Chopsticks :slight_smile:

Cool Bot!

Really well done and documented!  If you happen to have Netflix, tune into the TED talks on the streaming side.  They have some really nice vids, but especially “Robert Full on Engineering and Evolution”, which your Bot reminded me about.  There is a lot to be said for designing robots after nature.  Again, congrats & well done!