Can't upload to Wild Thumper Controller

Hi all,

I can't seem to upload my sketch onto the wild thumper controller, tried with 0018, 0022 and the latest IDE.

what does the error code means? Where can I find the definitions for response 0x41 & 0x56?

You have a communication

You have a communication issue.  Some things to try–Have you selected the proper board and port in the Arduino IDE? (Under tools) I think the Wild Thumper controller would be seen as a Diecimila. Also, immediately above the error message is a link for basic Arduino troubleshooting.  And finally, the controller manual pages “Using the Arduino Environment,” and “Configuring the Controller” might have something you’ve overlooked.

Board is correct: Arduino

Board is correct: Arduino Diecimila, Duemilanove, or Nano w/ATmega

If wrong board is selected -> 

Port is good too.

If it's the wrong port -> 

I've uploaded the sample code to another spare ATmega328, it was OK.

The PC is able to detect the Arduino COM port. But what does resp=0x51 means?

The WTC is connected to a 2S Lipo too.

However, there is no mention of the above error in the manual.

168 / 328

The wild thumper is a 168 NOT a 328 --In addition to selecting the Duelimanove, be sure you are selecting the right one.

According to the "Using the

According to the “Using the Arduino Environment” section, he’s got the right setting.  The only other thing I can think of is baud rate.  The next section goes into changing the baud rate of the Wild Thumper Controller.

Yeah. . .I figured someone

Yeah. . .I figured someone (probobably you, Oddbot) would say something like that.  I was scratching the bottom of my idea barrel by that at that point.

The error code is different

The error code is different when the wrong board is selected.

for 168: stk500_getsync(): can’t communicate with device: resp=0x41

for 328:  stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Do you use Serial

Hi,

Do you use “a lot of” Serial communications in your sketch?
I had this with my WTC too, and I also noticed someone on Sparkfun forum having the same issue.

Only thing I could do was reprogram the device using ISP (via Buspirate in my case)

Patrick 

old topic same issue

I have a similar issue. My controller was working fine and now I can’t upload. Battery voltage is at 7.4V COM port is the same. Here’s the error I get when I try to upload.

avrdude: stk500_paged_write(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x64

avrdude: stk500_cmd(): programmer is out of sync