Can't get QWIIC MP3 Trigger to play audio

Bought a QWIIC MP3 Trigger, and I’ve loaded MP3 files of all different bitrates onto a 16GB MicroSD card through the USB-C cable, and it will not play audio. I have headphones (tested and working) plugged in securely, I have the trigger pins and power pins soldered in neatly, and nothing I do will produce audio from this thing. HELP?

To clarify, I did name the MP3 files in the proper format (T001.mp3, T002.mp3, etc.), and it’s powered via the 3.3V pin on an Arduino Nano.

Hi!

I’d suggest you to take a look at the manufacturer’s tutorial:
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/qwiic-mp3-trigger-hookup-guide?_ga=2.157788088.300622231.1590501323-468375092.1590501323

1 Like

I did. I went through the entire thing several times before I made an account on here. I do appreciate the presumptuous and condescending reply though. Maybe ask someone if they’ve read it first instead of just saying ‘might wanna read the directions.’ I’m sure that’s been an issue before, but it’s still rude AF to come right out of the gate basically telling someone you assume they’re stupid and lazy.

I’m trying to cover all my bases before I return the thing and waste someone’s time. Seems like a common courtesy to me. Maybe not as common as I thought. The stuff about bitrate that others have had to figure out on their own should be included in the documentation, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there’s something else they left out. That’s what I’m trying to find out. If you don’t have any better suggestions, just don’t bother replying. This is why I hate forums. Lots of unproductive back-and-forth that you have to sift through to hopefully find an answer.

Hi @Dapostrophus,

I’m very sorry if you feel offended by my answer and my suggestion to refer to the manufacturer’s tutorial, if I appeared presumptuous and condescending in my short reply, it was not my intention at all.

When you say you soldered the trigger pins and power pins, what have you soldered them to?
Could you send a picture of your connections and setup?

1 Like