Can you control the SSC-32 with a rc transmitter?

Can you control the SSC-32 with a rc transmitter? No wifi or Bluetooth just RC.

@TeamDarklotusRobotics No. An RC remote is intended to control RC servos directly, and the SSC-32U is not programmable. It needs to receive serial commands using the SSC-32 protocol.

1 Like

Ok thank you. Well can i use a BotBoarduino like in the mechdog to communicate with the ssc-32u for a spider type quadruped using my rc controller? If not the BotBoarduino what can i use?

1 Like

Indeed:

Lynxmotion PS2 Handheld → Lynxmotion PS2 Receiver → BotBoarduino (Arduino copatible) → SSC-32U Servo Controller.

You can use the PS2 library from Bill Porter or Lynxmotion, or use the PS2 sample code for Arduino and effectively create your own. Note that not all PS2s are equal, and the one from Lynxmotion has the breakout board:

Same mounting as the BotBoarduino so it can help stack / mount the receiver:

1 Like

I was just skeptical about using a transmitter with only a 30 foot range seeing ill be building a mech warfare robot that will be walking through a small city with buildings with a corner to corner distance being over 40 feet. But my Frsky gear can do well over 2 miles

1 Like

You’d need intermediary electronics to read the pulses from the receiver and convert them. However for a mech, you’d likely have to use a microcontroller or single board computer for the robot’s kinematics / walking.

1 Like

Isn’t that what the ssc-32u is with the BotBoarduino like in this Lynxmotion SQ3U Symmetric Quadruped Walking Robot - RobotShop

1 Like

Exactly. You could even use the sample code to start.

1 Like