Can the Adeept 5DOF Robotic Arm Kit for Arduino Uno R3 be controlled using serial commands over USB?

The product is called “Adeept 5DOF Robotic Arm Kit for Arduino Uno R3”. Does this mean I have to purchase an Arduino Uno R3 extra and attach it to your own controller?

Does this product ship with some default firmware already installed to control the arm and can commands be sent over the USB connector to control each servo? From my unserstanding, when connected to a USB port, the USB makes it look like a serial communications port is available and you can send commands over this port.

If the servos can be controlled over the USB, please provide a link to the documentation that shows the serial commands.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @BigStar and welcome to the forum.

You don’t need an Arduino board to control this arm. Arduino board is already integrated in the driver board you get. You only need to buy 2x18650 battery by yourself. You can also supply power directly through the Micro USB
interface without using batteries.

To see how to operate this arm, please download the tutorials from this link: New Robotic Arm Kit for Arduino - V4.0 - Adeept Learn

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask anything else.