Can the 2 Servo Joystick Servo Controller be made to work wirelessly?

I would like to use the 2 Servo Joystick Servo Controller to control the Lynxmotion Pan and Tilt Kit / Aluminium wirelessly. It there a way to add that with parts available here?

I know I could use an RC controller to control the pan/tilt servo kit (with required receiver and battery), but I like the simple form factor of the joystick controller.

I’m assuming it would need power, and a transmitter for the Controller, and power and a receiver for the Pan and Tilt kit. But being very new to all this, I have no idea where to start. It’s OK if it’s a messy pile of parts and wire on both ends, just as long as the control can be RC.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello @mhm and welcome to the RobotShop forum,

The 2 Servo Joystick Servo Controller does not work wirelessly. If you want wireless control I suggest using an RC receiver and transmitter, like the ones found in the Wireless RC / PWM Servo Controllers section of the store, perhaps something like this could work for you?

I know I could use an RC controller to control the pan/tilt servo kit (with required receiver and battery), but I like the simple form factor of the joystick controller.

If you prefer a smaller controller, perhaps you could consider using a WiFi or Bluetooth servo controller?

Regards

1 Like