Can a more powerful spindle let you use a wider variety of materials for a cnc?

Dear: LMR

Out of curiosity when it comes to CNCs does greater the power of the spindle at all give one the ability to use a wider variety of materials when it comes to using CNCs? The reason I am asking is I want to buy the MillRight CNC and I am curious as to whether or not a more powerful spindle will let me be able to use materials such as steel or not? Thanks!!! I am trying to be as safe as possible with a cnc if you know what I mean.

No.

The short answer is no, a more powerful spindle will not be benificial for this machine. The most important aspect of any milling machine is structural integrity, is the machine strong enough to widthstand the force that is required during milling operations?

These kind of routers are great for milling soft materials, but lack the strenght the more conventional milling machine has. Vibrations or worse is a very common problem during milling operations. Even some hobby grade cast iron milling machines weighing about 100kg suffer from this problem when doing more serious work.

Really? Thanks!!!

Wow interesting. Thanks!!!