Cables and Accessories for TinyLidar?

What cables and accessories do I need when I purchase the TinyLidar board to hook up to an Arduino Uno?

Hello @Eileenmc,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

The TinyLidar comes with its own connection cable that you can connect directly to the Arduino board as shown in this picture:

As for accessories, there are plenty of projects and ideas that you can do with this Lidar and each one of them requires a different component but usually you would need a servo motor to have a rotational Lidar for scanning.

You can check these projects in the Multimedia section of this link:

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Thanks for your quick response. I have’t used the Grove system before. I see that in back of the board there is a cable hook up so I’ll connect “Grove” 4pin universal connector there to the header pins on the arduino. No soldering or shield needed. Is this correct?

Thanks again!

Eileen

1 Like

Hello @Eileenmc,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes exactly.

Sincerely,

Now I’m planning to purchase 3 tiny Lidar units and hook them up to one Arduino. My shopping list looks like this so far:
3 tinyLiDAR ToF Range Finder Sensors
I / O Grove Base Shield for Arduino
1 arduino
4 Universal 4 Pin Unbuckled 20cm Cable

Is there anything else I need?

Eileen

In terms of the cables, what’s the difference between the buckled and unbuckled? Also do I need to purchase a Grove Hub to go with the shield or do I just need the hub?

Hello @Eileenmc,

Thank you for your reply.

You don’t need the shield, the hub extension is enough.

You don’t need to order 4 of the Universal cables since the one you will order will include 5 cables already.

As for the meaning of buckled, here’s the explanation:

Since Grove Branch Cables have latches (sometimes referred to as “buckles” or “buckled cables”), when the latch closes, you will hear a small sound and should see the latch close over its corresponding part.

These latches (or buckles) improve connections, and are especially handy in high-vibration or production environments, since some force must be used when disconnecting the cable.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,