Botley 2.0 Line mode not working? it keeps on going in circles and never follows the line, please advice

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description:
Botley 2.0 line mode is not working

Hardware concerned: I think so. I think line detection sensor is malfunctioning.

Troubleshooting steps already taken: Draw couple of black line paper. Placed Botley on line, and tuned it on. The robot just spins around.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

1 Like

Hi @kkamil and welcome to our forum!

Did you follow advice from this guide https://www.learningresources.com/amfile/file/download/file/2249/product/2779/ ?

Thank you.

1 Like

The link you are referring to is to standard Botley manual, and I’m quite familiar with it .
Please check videos I made :

Am I doing something wrong ?
1 Like

Hi @kkamil

Thank you for the videos.

For the first two videos, maybe the issue is that robot is placed on the middle of the black line.

Maybe to try and place it on the beginning of the line (I guess that is what you tried to do on your 3rd video?).

Also, according instructions, when you press top button robot will begin with spinning if he cannot find the line. Solution is to nudge him closer to the line and then robot will say “Ah-ha” when he finds it.

1 Like

Believe me I tried many times. I put Botley on top of the line, close to the beginning of the line etc… I also tried lines with different widths and it never worked.
I think the sensor is malfunctioning.
Probably will need to contact robotshop and ask for replacement.
Do you know how I can do this ? Should I call the shop ?

Hi @kkamil

No need for a call.

By posting on our forum, you already contacted RobotShop.

I will transfer this to our internal support and you will receive an email.

Thank you.

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.