Bob

Well, thanks to not being allowed to alter Serenit-e's looks, I have a spare set of tracks & a dual-motor gearbox to work with - seems a shame to let them go to waste.

Bob is going to be a test-bed for trying out any new circuitry I come up with, such as controller boards, sensors, displays etc.

First new piece of tech to be installed is my stripboard Arduino μcontroller board. It's based off the one on the instructables site and the Marengo one (damned if I can find the links atm). Notable improvements: a screw terminal for power as the soldered leads broke off within 2 days and a red board because plain stripboard looks boring! I built a small ICSP shield for the board so that it can be programmed using my usbtinyISP.

So far, he's not moving as Im working on a stripboard L298N board but once that's done, basic environment sensing will be through 2 LDRs for light following until I can get my head around Oddbot's fantastic looking IR sensors.

Sits still so far.

• Actuators / output devices: 203:1 tamiya dual motor gearbox
  • CPU: atmega328 16Mhz
  • Power source: 6xAA
  • Sensors / input devices: bumper switches, LDR
  • Target environment: indoors

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/bob