Bob lifts bear.

I've been playing around with my Robonova, trying to get it to climb a rope. It is a lot more difficult than it appears, due to the balance when the robot is hanging by his hands. There is really not enough freedom of movement in his hands and arms, to do this successfully.

Anyway, he will pull on a rope though........ ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ-CzQGu7j8

Ha! Very cool. A robot

Ha!  Very cool.  A robot powered elevator.  Does he let the bear down gently, or just drop him to his death?  :slight_smile:

you should try to make him climb now

you should try to make him climb now. same process, yet he holds on to a rope instead of pulling it down

It’s easier to just let go :smiley:

It’s easier to just let go :smiley:

Not quite as simple as that, pips17

As soon as his feet leave the floor, the angle of the rope to his body changes. When one hand lets go it changes again. As far as I can tell, it’s not constant, either. I may try a different method - like absailing in reverse :wink:

his center of gravity is

his center of gravity is shifted from the geometrical center of his body?

Yep, by varying degrees as

Yep, by varying degrees as the arms move. Plus I have the swinging to contend with  :(

A little speech added and

A little speech added and you have a kids TV show with those two and their adventures :smiley:

Really cool!

Enjoyed watching your “presentation”, great music.

Maybe a small pulley wheel on top to cut down on friction, to help the bear

be “pulled up”, and introducing a pawl and catch to the wheel would keep the bear

locked in position while the robot changes grip.  Those thoughts popped into my head.

Very nice, enjoyed it.

Thanks for the tips, Springload.

To be honest, I was in too much of a hurry to get it going, as you can tell from the pile of books and kitchen broom :smiley:

For what I have planned for

For what I have planned for the sequel, fritsl, it may not be suitable for young children :wink: