Blue light flashes, upon reset yellow light flashes quickly

The litter robot is no longer operational. when powering on the Blue light flashes, upon reset yellow light flashes quickly. Also, the night light is no longer functional. We don’t know what else to do to troubleshoot. Order # 908928

We have tried:

1. Checking the Anti Pinch mechanism, ensuring that they are rust free and touching, cleaned the entire robot.

2. Let’s check your DFI Lenses for any obstructions:

3. Turn off the unit and Unplug the power from the base

4. Remove the Bonnet and the Globe

5. Inspect the top of the Base where the Globe usually rests. Are there any debris? Small amounts of litter is normal. Clean as needed.

6. Inside the waste opening there are two clear ““Lenses”” (left and right side). Ensure there are no debris on the Lenses. Sometimes litter can fall/splash onto them. ** To clean the lenses, we recommend wiping them off with a soft damp cloth and/or glass cleaner. Do not directly spray the Base or DFI Lenses. **

7. Replace the Globe and Bonnet. Reset the black key in the back of the unit into the pocket. 6. Plug the unit back in. If you turned the power off, you will need to power it on and press ““cycle””. Once the cleaning cycle is complete, the unit should be at the Home position with a Solid Blue LED on.

8. To troubleshoot the blue blinking, let’s start by power cycling your unit:
    1.) Leave your unit powered ON with the blue blinking light engaged & Unplug your power supply from the base
    2.) Wait 10 seconds then plug the unit back in
    3.) Allow the unit to complete a start‐up cycle. If the light is solid blue, the code has been successfully cleared. If the light is still blinking, let’s proceed with troubleshooting. Let’s empty the drawer if it has waste and reinstall the bag before proceeding.

1 Like

HI @lleger!

Thank you for contacting us.

Based on your description of the problem, DFI sensor should be replaced.

Regarding night light. How did you determine that it is not working?

I tried holding down the power button to reset x2, I placed my finger over the sensor by the power button, I checked it at night.

We purchased the extended warranty. Is this covered under warranty?

1 Like

It is covered by warranty,

When you press and hold POWER button for 5 seconds, does night light blinks? Or it never turns on?

it does blink once.

1 Like

That is good.

The reason why I am asking is that customers often deactivate night light mode by accident and then they think that it is not working.

In your case, if you do twice, as you said, holding POWER button, you would not change anything.

The Litter-Robot arrives with the Automatic Night Light
function activated. When the light sensor detects low
light conditions, the Night Light turns on automatically.
Check the status of the Night Light function by covering
the light sensor (located above the Cycle button on the
Control Panel) to see if the Night Light comes on or not.
To turn the Night Light function off, press and hold the
Power button for about 5 seconds. The Night Light will
flash on, then off.
To turn the Night Light function on, press and hold the
Power button for about 5 seconds. The Night Light will
flash on and, depending on the ambient light, the Night
Light will either stay on (if low light) or turn off (if bright
light).

Try pointing flashlight to the light sensor on control panel and then do this procees.

1 Like

Thank you. I meant by trying it twice, I tried to make sure that it wasn’t already in the on position. so I went through the exercise twice. although, I am more concerned that the unit doesn’t work and I have to manually scoop the litter. Please assist on this issue. Thanks!

1 Like

Of course!

We can send you new DFI sensor.

You can install it using this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD3dsJsVVsc

Are you able to do it?

If yes, please provide serial number of the robot.

Other option is that you send you robot for a repair under warranty.

My husband will install it. Thank you,

SN: LR3138948

Ok then.

We will transfer this to our internal support so we can proceed.

You will get an email in a few minutes, to confirm your address.

Thank you.

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.