Blue flashing light intermittent with pinch sensor

Hi!

So for fast few weeks I’ve been having issues with my LR3. It normally starts with globe getting stuck with the pinch detector light flashing and after I manage to resolve this the the globe does full cycle and the blue light starts blinking. I have managed to fix it few times following the troubleshooting on the website but it seems to be getting worse now. Currently I had to move back to regular litter box because whatever I do doesn’t seem to fix it.

Yesterday evening it started with the pinch detector as usual, so I removed the globe (sometimes just resting works and it does the whole cycle going wrong way) ensured there is no debris or dust on or around the sensor or metal connectors. I put the glove back on and it does the whole cycle and then shows full drawer. So I check everything, clean the lenses and in the clean that laser bit behind clear plastic with q-tip and in the past it worked but this time it seems like it’s working because it finishes the while cycle and then blue light goes solid. So I test it by running the cycle again and then blue light keeps flashing again and I can’t get rid of it now. Tried all the above steps again and sometimes it will do the while cycle and blue goes solid again but as soon as next cycle runs it’s goes back to flashing. Tried with and without the drawer and nothing helps.

Please help.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hello @mikefedora,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

Was the robot reaching the dump position then starting to keep rotating in the same direction instead of going back and the yellow light blinks fast at that time?

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I think so. As far as I remember it was doing its normal cycle, and then stopped past dumping position and on the occasions the reset button worked it carried on rotating into the wrong direction instead of going back to home position by turning the other way.

Order #

Invoice # 10896729

Btw sorry for all the typos in my previous post. I hope you’ve figured out what I meant despite them. I’m at work and typing from my phone :wink:

Hello @mikefedora,

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding the blue blinking light:

You will need to clean the 2 green circuit boards and the 2 plastic brackets of the DFI sensor using isopropyl alcohol and a Q-Tip to remove any rust or dust from them.

Here’s a video to help you locate these parts:

As for the issue of the over-rotation:

The issue could be coming from 3 parts:

1- The contact pins.

We will need to see the 3 pairs of contact pins shown in the following videos:
Anti-Pinch Pins:

Bonnet’s Pin:

Base’s Pin:

No need to take them out of the robot, we only need to see them from the outside.

2- Magnets inside the globe.

Please test the magnets by putting any metallic object on these two areas circled in red and check if the magnets would attract the object or not:

3- Misplaced or defective hall-effect sensor:

If the magnets are okay then the issue is coming from the hall-effect sensor and it needs to be replaced.

We have attached a guide to show you how to replace this sensor, please check it and let us know if you can replace it at home if we sent you a new one or if you prefer to send us the robot for repair under the warranty.

How to replace the hall effect sensor.pdf (2.2 MB)

If you find this too complicated for you, you can send us the robot for repair under the warranty.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,