Blogging about a book?

I am currently building a bot from "Arduino Robotics" by John Davis Warren, Josh Adams, and Harald Molle.  I would like to blog about my experiences, but I don't want to infringe on any copyright laws are otherwise hinder the sales of this book.  I am doing a few things differently, primarily the body.  I was wondering if anyone had any insight on what I would be able to post if anything at all.

Not really sure why this

Not really sure why this would be an issue.  General practice dictates that a person should make a reference to any copy written material in the event of either quoting and or paraphrasing; giving credit to the author. Outside of that, if your intention is not plagiarize and or make a profit from copy written works - you could blog about whatever you like, stating in your own words your “opinion” about the book.  

Appreciate it

That’s what I figured.  I didn’t really see an issue, but of course I’m not trying to step on anyones toe or plagerize.  I just wanted to be sure and get a second opinion or two before I started anything.  Thanks for the response and well, I guess I’ll get blogging.  Worst case scenario, I get a take down notice lol.

I got curious and I bought

I got curious and I bought the Kindle version of the book so I can read it on my computer or on the tablet. I have to say that this book is THE BOOK for the beginners in robotics. If I had this book when I started, I would have had an easy ride and built more sophisticated robots a lot sooner.

SimpleRobotics, BotFIN, Aaronsuper1, guys, get this book, you need it!

For sure

The first 3 chapters are pretty much a crash course in Electronic Engineering and I think it’s the 5th or 6th chapter teaches you how to etch your PCB’s, which is VERY cool and I look forward to doing my first Arduino sometime this week.  Even after carefully reading the first 3 chapters I refer back to them all the time, with different battery types, etc.  Great book I agree!

My http://letsmakerobots.com

My https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/26194 is based on a book too. I just build it and wrote the description with naming the book where I got the idea from. I do not see a issue in writing a step-by-step description based on a process written in a book. Go aheady and show us what you’ve done :wink: