Blockchains, Ethereum, and a Safer SkyNet

I have been studying Ethereum and Blockchain technology for a few hours a day lately, mostly through Youtube videos.

This story started 8 yrs ago, with Satoshi Nakamoto...Who are you?

8 yrs ago, Satoshi unleashed modern cryto-currency concepts and code on the world.  These relied on something called "The BlockChain".  I don't have time to explain it here, think of it as the world's best record keeping system to date.  Look it up on Wiki if not familiar, because the rest of this post will not make any sense unless you understand the basics.

fast forward to today...

Enter Ethereum:  The World's First Global Singleton Computer

The founder said "Ethereum is the world's first global singleton computer".  This statement has huge consequences.  They basically took the technology behind BitCoin and re-engineered it from the ground up to be generic and be able to store a safe immutable secure unhackable distributed and ACID (for DB people) copy of anything.  A lot of people, myself included, think it will disrupt entire industries in the coming years, and think it is one of the most significant innovations in our lifetimes.

Ethereum can run immutable code, often called smart contracts.  Thousands of "Miners" run servers all over the world that store copies of the "ledger" (think memories) and are compensated for doing so by small bits of "Ether" - the currency.  In this scheme, no central authority (Google, FB, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Gov't) owns or controls the data, or knows who it came from.  Everyone has their own private keys for their own data.  As this tech gets adopted, we all get a lot of our privacy back.  Some empires crumble in the process.

Enter a Friendlier SkyNet  ...Ava?

Because Ethereum contains a complete programming language, it could be used to build a Global, Distributed, Private, Secure, Democratized AI that would run on a blockchain that no one would control...holding all the worlds public and private AI memories (knowledge).  This would solve the privacy and security issues as all memories are cryptographically secured in the blockchain...it is infinitely better than centalized systems with logins.  I like this for many reasons, but knowing our robots aren't acting as corporate spies in our houses is a big deal.

Performance and Caching with Local AI Memory Server:  In my opinion (for performance), no matter how much they optimize the tech, each household would need one local box that would house a copy of all the frequently needed public and private memories.   This box would act as a peer-to-peer data server and blockchain client for whatever devices/robots its owner had.

Transaction Cost and Economics for Miners:  The processing cost of this AI system would need to get down to less than a buck or two a day per household in my opinion.  Because each transaction (memory) has a small fee and AIs need millions of transactions, adjustments might need to made to the incentives to work for consumers and miners.  The economics have to work for all parties.