Blinking blue light - Robot Litter 3

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

One of my 2 Robot Litter 3 has a blinking light (since months). I have completely cleaned it inside and out, nothing on the lenses.

Robot Litter 3

Troubleshooting steps already taken:
Cleaned/on-off /reset

Additional information:
#676303 (Web #1300025071 Ordered on 3/12/2018 )

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hello @SusanR,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with one of your Litter-Robots.

Which light is blinking and is it blinking fast or slowly?

What happens when you press “Reset”?

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Thanks Ebram and thanks for your quick follow up.

The ready button is blinking fast. As mentioned in my post I cleaned the box and the lenses, resets, disconnect the electrics completely etc.
Hitting the reset doesn’t help either, just goes back from the orange to the blue botton blinking.

Unfortunately yesterday my other Robot Litter Box 3 stopped recognizing my cats entering the box at all. When I manually hit the button it turns fine, just does not recognize anything entering.

Hope you can help, thank you.

Hello @SusanR,

Thank you for your reply.

For the 1st Litter-Robot:

This issue indicates a defective DFI sensor and it needs to be replaced.

This video will show you how to replace it, please check it and let us know if you are able to do it by yourself or not:

You also need to check the Anti-Pinch pins in case they were corroded and require replacing as well.

The Anti-Pinch safety feature is two pins connected to the motherboard that must touch each other continuously.

If they are separated, you will have an alarm(yellow blinking light). The Anti-Pinch safety is located in the top back left of the Litter-Robot base. You will need to unplug the unit, remove the bonnet, the globe, and the drawer.

This video will help you locate them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJkQTXxkXXA

It is ‘‘Two Metal’’ pin. With a flashlight, you should be able to see if they are touching each other or not. If they are not touching each other, try to re-position it with a flat screwdriver by pushing them upwards.

Note: If the pins were dirty or rusty, you can take them out and clean them with WD-40 and sandpaper.

================================================================================

As for the 2nd Litter-Robot:

Did you move the unit recently?

Please make sure that there’s nothing touching the robot from any side and the floor beneath it is firm and even.

You can also place your hand inside the globe and apply pressure as if your cat was inside so you can check if the red light will come on or not.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hi Ebram, goodness, that looks complicated. But I guess I will have to try.

On the second Litter box: no it does not recognize my hand either.

I think at least 1 of the boxes I bought is within the garantue period (can’t find the 2nd bill). In Europe there is a 2 year guarantee period right?

Could you please direct me to the parts I need to order? thanks.

Susan.

Hello @SusanR,

Thank you for your reply.

This order number 676303 was purchased on the 12th of March 2018 so it’s out of warranty and the other order is 666876 which was purchased on the 17th of February 2018 as well so both units are unfortunately out of warranty.

For the 1st robot:

Please check the Anti-Pinch pins and see if they need replacing or not, if so:

You can order the new DFI sensor and a new pair of pins from these links:

As for the 2nd robot:

This way you would need to replace the CAT sensor, this video will show you how to replace it:

You can order it from this link:

Let us know if you needed further assistance.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,

1 Like