Bipedal robo warrior

My Name is Chaz, I live in Midlothian Va. I've been into robotics for a very long time, starting in the mid 80's with the Transformers then up to the Tomy Robots Omnibot & Omnibot 2000 etc. I have converted the Omnibot 2000 to get the 2nd arm to work with a converter box i made back in the 90's without doing anything to the main board. The only fall back was the robot only had 1 speed "high". Now I have been building my own robots. So here is my version of my 2nd bipedal robot. The first one I built stood 3' tall and had over 34 servos with a built in computer (old laptop), 2 SSC-32 boards, and 3 battery packs.

Here is the 2nd bipedal robot. It stand 24" tall and 9" wide. It has 24 high torque servos, 1 7.2v battery, 1 Basic Stamp 2e board, 1 SSC-32 board, 1 IRPD sensor, 1 PS2 game controller cable, and gws gyros plus all the servo brackets and a wireless video cam. I got almost everything from LYNXMOTION, EXPECT the Servos,Gyros & Cam are the only things I didn't buy from LYNXMOTION. I cast my own shield plates (body covers) using smooth-on, smooth-cast 300 plastic resin... This robot took me 6 months to build and 1 month to program. Just to give you an idea on the time spent doing this robot...

The programming is done is pbasic, with the free editor.

With the help from people on Lynxmotion & Parallax discussion fourms who has been helpped me with understanding the programming in Basic by giving me tips, links & sample command lines, which was a big help..

I do know how to program in qbasic, visual basic, c++, and now pbasic, but to program a robot to do stuff is kinda different than getting something to move on your computer screen.

i am now working on a new bipedal robot call A.L.I.A. this biped is a female robot with the shell made in fiberglass & all the parts i have made expect most of the electronics. This one is the best one i have been working on. i will post more about this one soon...

thankz

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/bipedal-robo-warrior

That really looks awesome,
That really looks awesome, would be great to see it in motion. What servos did you use? Pretty cool body plates, gives it an interesting look.

thank you
thank you, sorry but i don’t have any video clips of it. but the one i am building now “A.L.I.A.” i plan on doing video clips. the servo’s i’ve used in the robo warrior were gws micro servos, mg995 servos & gws brute force servos. the front chest plate i made out of smooth-on smooth cast 300. made the mold & cast it… thanks again.i will post some info of a.l.i.a. soon.

Cant wait to see more of

Cant wait to see more of your stuff!!

And I really hope you will post video as well.

Thanks for joining us :slight_smile:

How did the MG995 work out
How did the MG995 work out for you? There has been stories back and forth about them, but I’d really like to try some since they are pretty low cost. Looking forward to A.L.I.A., whhat is the acronym?

I really hope that it will
I really hope that it will be able to walk :slight_smile:

mg995 servo’s

what i used with the servos was the ssc-32 servo control board. with the mini bot board from lynxmotion. i had no problems with them. i think the problem people are having with them they are typing in the wrong positioning code of the servos making the travel of the servo more then they can go causing it to burnout. or having them move moe weight then they can handle causing them to burnout. best thing to do is some research of the servo. again i have had no problems with the servos. a.l.i.a. means, assistant living intelligent android. it is being design to help elderly people that need help living at home alone. pickup things they drop, getting the phone for them, getting mail, dial 911 if needed etc. i will post more about a.l.i.a.

thankz

it does walk:)

it does walk and does everything the khr-1 can do .mine is moves abit faster then the khr-1 does .

thankz :slight_smile:

wow
wow

absolutelty amazing! how

absolutelty amazing! how long did it take? how much money? are all the parts designed and fabricated by you? it looks like i could buy that! (not saying you did, btw!)

i love it, would love to see a video though!

Thank You :slight_smile:

Thank you. it took me 6 months to build & about 1 month to make all programming for all the functions. it cost me about $2400.00 to build. on this robot i only made the shells. the servo brackets i got from lynxmotion. but on my NEW robot A.L.I.A. i am making all my brackets, shell & few pc boards. im sorry but i don’t have any video clips of the robo warrior before i sold it on Ebay, but i will be sure to do the video clips of A.L.I.A. & more detail pictures. shes going to also have working hands with fingers. i will post more about A.L.I.A. soon.

Thank You :slight_smile:

ohhhh y did u sell it

ohhhh y did u sell it :frowning:

but your new robot sounds interesting… could you post some drawings or sketches? that’d be awesome