Biped Brat Visual Sequencer Code Question

Its been several years since I have been on the Lynxmotion forums. I have a renewed interest in building a biped again and I recently took down my biped off the shelf, blew off the dust off, and completely disassembled the guy. I mean I took him all apart, down to the last screw! My Original SES brackets which are brushed aluminum that you can no longer buy anymore were dull and dusty, and it even had a slight tint of yellow. I’m guessing from the oils of my hands touching the brackets the last time I handled him. I decided to polish each bracket using a 6" buffing wheel kind of like an abrasive sponge. All the brackets are fully restored and have a shiny luster brighter than they were when new.

I have him fully assembled and I’m ready to re-install the electronics. Its been so long, I forgot how to do a lot of things. One being the sequencer player. I will be able to get it working again but I forgot how to “CALL” sequence moves. By default the exported code will run through all the moves in one shot. I want to be able to call certain moves based on certain events.

I did a search on the forums but I cant find anything regarding the modified seq code that allows you to call moves when a specific event happens.

Any help would be great.

This might be fun to try as well: robotshop.com/en/ssc-32-serv … ility.html
Nice to see it again! Given your capabilities, have you considered adding body panels?

Well I was able to locate some old code examples on a cd i had in my box of ses parts. I think I will be able to recap myself using this code.

Im using a registered version of visual sequencer. I have not tried looking at the flowbotics seq app. Does it work as a stand alone app?

It does indeed work as a stand-alone app. The Visual sequencer is different though, and would likely be the better option now that you have it working.

Ok I got everything together and im ready to start making sequences but I have run into a very strange problem. In visual sequencer I have enabled all the servos being used which is a total of 17. Everything works fine in the config window - sliders move the servos. When I go in to the project window many of the servos will not work. When I go back to the config window the servos I have set to “enable” are deselected. I recheck the servos to “enable” and then save the config file, re open the project back up and maybe one of the servos begins to work but now a different set of servos that was working no longer works. I go back in to the config window to find servos that were enabled become disabled.

I tried saving a different config file under a different name and load that before opening my project file with the same issues.

What is going on here?

Honestly not sure. The main reason we had to discontinue the software was lack of source code and internal knowledge - it was developed a long time ago. Can you try with the Servo Sequencer, or reinstall the Visual Sequencer? It sounds like it’s loading a different program each time.

I tried using the Flowbotics sequencer app and it seems to work fine. The vintage Visual Sequencer app than I am having problems with might have something to do with windows 7 compatibility, or it might be something that the windows 10 update did to windows 7. I tried windows 10 but I didn’t like it. It was making my mouse choppy and the performanc drop wasn’t worth keeping windows 10. I reverted back to windows 7 and I notice there are some quirky issues ever since going back to win7.

I have a desktop pc in my workshop that I use to run my cnc mill and it has Windows XP on it. I will try to use this machine to run Visual Sequencer and see what happens.

Does Flowbotics vis seq have a feature to export pattern code to be executed by the basic atom pro?

I installed the visual Seq on my older CNC machine and it seems to work ok. I had to install usb to rs232 device drivers since this desktop machine did not have a serial port available to use and my first attempt at using the conversion device didn’t work without these drivers.

After working on some walking moves I discovered the hip servos are under powered and need to be replaced with stronger servos for sure. It was nice seeing my bot move again after several years sitting on the shelf.

Unfortunately FlowBotics and corresponding apps are not Basic compatible, and there is no export feature.
Happy to hear it’s coming back to life!

Today I created a walk sequence that should work ok on hard surfaces. The hip servos as mentioned before are a bit weak but with the help of the other servos working together I managed to get a half decent walk sequence developed. I have two more images to share.

Hello guys, I have been tinkering with my biped and I had to replace the arms with standard size servos because the tiny micro servos are to weak and fragile to use. I stripped a few gears. The arms of the micro servos looked so good but the plastic gears are not strong enough to deal with the weight. I have put 2DOF arms on it so that it has something to resemble arms.

I just about have all the basic moves developed using the Visual Sequencer and I am almost ready to export code to the BAP for autonomous control.

I have the following completed:

1.) Home Position
2.) Walk Forward
3.) Walk Backwards
4.) Turn Right
5.) Turn Left
6.) Turn Head Right
7.) Turn Head Left
8.) Turn Head Center

I wish I had a 3D printer to print a light weight head. The solid aluminum adds quite a bit of weight and makes walking more challenging. A PLA printed head would be better perhaps.