Bionic hand servo

I am designing a bionic hand and plan on using servos to actuate the fingers by pulling fishing line. Towerpro MG996R Servo 25T 11kg / 0.16sec / 55g i had seen a servo like this however it is too big to fit in the housing of the hand. does anyone have any suggestions? i do not want to have to fit the servos in the wrist or forearm as the purpose of the project is to be able to fit just hand amputation or be adaptable to wrist and forearm,

i.e smaller servos that would provide the power? i have a very limited budget so i cant afford to buy servos that are not up to the task

@fsherman899 Welcome to the RobotShop Community. You mean something like this?

Small servos which can provide high power will be more expensive.

A different design:

For higher force, consider a linear actuator like the PQ12 for Actuonix:

hi,

i planned on doing a bionic hand with an artificial tendon system using fishing line to actuate the fingers, using elastic cord to pull the fingers back to release. would using a method similar to the hands that you have linked be better as do the motors not stall using this method?

thanks for your previous replies

Similar to this I gather:

The servos tend to need to provide quite a bit of torque, which is why they are larger and tend to be located in the arm itself. The linear actuator idea can still work with finishing wire. The motors can still stall, though the springs do help.