bigbro

Update: 13, April, 09

This time I added the Solarbotics L298 Compact Driver Kit, the car is now much more powerfull and it is very cool to drive.

In the photo you can see a proto shield where I connected the Xbee, the motor and servo and the LEDS, than the L298N board and a 6v voltage regulator.

I added a small video with some “stunts” ... :)
I´m using the G-Remote to drive this beast! :D

I love the way it looks in the night:

While playing with the digital camera I find that it can perform nice light trails:

Update: 3, February, 09

After completed the new motor driver board, now I feel that I am ready to continue with the development of this bot..

For now it´s just remote controlled, soon it will have some intelligence.
I will try to add microphones and use them as sound sensors. If I add for example 4 microphones, one on each side of the bot I could detect where does the sound comes from and make it move in that direction, then a couple of distance sensors to avoid obstacles..

My living room seems to be small to drive this bot..

Here goes my second robot. This turns out to be the 4th robot actually :)

I found this offroad car in an old junk and it was love at first sight!
Now i want to add some brains and sensors and give him a new life :]

the steering DCmotor burned out and i removed all the gears and stuff around it, i´ve made a hole and inserted a servo motor to do the steering, seems to work out good! I can´t post a video because the motor shield i was using burned out aswell, now i´m working on a custom motor driver ... (seems i´m having lots of burning issues lately) :D

2008 - 09 - 12 -----------------------------------

My custom motor controller seems to work quite good! The videos shows the servo steering (still processing)

remote controlled

• Actuators / output devices: L298N
  • Control method: remote control
  • CPU: Arduino
  • Power source: 9, 6V 2200mAh
  • Target environment: outdoor

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/bigbro

I like it. My plans are

I like it. My plans are for my next robot to be based on a similar 4WD offroad truck style platform. Maybe I’ll get lucky and find a discarded one. :slight_smile:

Duane S

Wilson, NC USA

thnx Duane!i hope you find

thnx Duane!

i hope you find yours :wink:

Yeah - how is it steering?

Yeah - how is it steering? Like this: https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/1469 ?

**take a look at the video **

take a look at the video :slight_smile:

i´ve programmed a motor sequence [[ forward, backward, forward & right, forward & left, backward & right, backward & left ]]

in the beginning it seems to have full power and seems to loose power after the first loop…

after several tests i think the steering motor burned out :smiley: …´ll try to recover or replace it, otherwise i will design a new way to make this work :slight_smile:

sounds like a cool project.
Nice job on the custom motor driver. :slight_smile:

made:
http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2009/02/big_bro_arduino_controlled_robot.html

:slight_smile:
:slight_smile:

**I lvoe the way **
it tilts when it stears.

nice pics
how did ya get the pictures of just the lights as a stream???

Light Trails
check this, and this

:wink:

great videosgreat picsgreat

great videos

great pics

great work !

NICE!

NICE!

Great video and pics!

My gosh! That was an insane
My gosh! That was an insane addon for your bot! Good work man!

Omg, I think I have exactly
Omg, I think I have exactly the same RC car somewhere in a closet, was it a radio shack Road Raptor ?

Thank you all! I´m glad you

Thank you all! I´m glad you like it :slight_smile:

I found this car on a
I found this car on a chinese store junk… :slight_smile:

I think the pictures with

I think the pictures with the open exposure look spooky-cool! Terrific job on the Bot, too!

thanx :wink:

thanx :wink: