Weight: 16.05 oz (455 grams)
Size: 1.5" (38.1mm) square
Length: 4.16" (106mm)
Shaft diameter: 1/2" (12.7mm)
Shaft length: 1.5" (38mm)
Shaft Key 0.125in. (3.2mm)
Shaft End Tap #10-32
Mounting Holes (8) #10-32

I need suggestions for what type of motor controller to drive 2 of this motor and what type of batteries should I use? The stall current says 148A and Amps@normal is 1.5Amps, not sure what should I concern.

Thanks in advance!! :)

They have speed controllers

The same website has more than enough speed controllers, and several that will handle this motor. Looking at the stall amps, I would would think that the nominal reading is absolutely no load, and the average would be higher depending on the weight of your bot. You need to take into consideration start up current draw as well for these larger motors. Using this motor will probably put you in the market for one of the bigger vantec drives.

I would use lead-acid storage batteries. There are several to choose from smaller wheelchair batteries to the optima round cell type.

1776W ?!?!?!?

P=U*I = 12V * 148A = 1776W ?!?!?!? Almost 2kW its a lot of heat, no?

Wow.Speed :923 rpm @ 12VI

Wow.

Speed : 923 rpm @ 12V

I think you will need further gearing or speed controller for sure if you are going to use a couple of these to move a robot around.

I second

First off, I agree the stall current is probably 14.8 not 148.

Yes, go with the Wild Thumper motor controller mentioned (and designed) by OddBot. It is a great controller, has all the bells and whistles, and can be coded to shut your motors down long before they get to a Mig-welder-style 150-amp stall.

When you order the Wild Thumper, be sure to ask for and order the nifty high-current switchy thing that goes with it.

Yes, the problem for me is,

Yes, the problem for me is, too many. Don’t know which one to choose and the controller could handle that current are way expensive for me unless they mark it wrong in current like Oddbot said 14.8V --> 148V.

If it’s 148V, I was looking http://www.robotmarketplace.com/products/roboteq_speed_controllers.html for those blue box controller on bottom hale of the page but they are really pricy. If you don’t mind could you help me to point out which one will be the idle for these 2 motors?

Yeah, it has to be gear down.

Yeah, it has to be gear down.

I’m gonna write them to

I’m gonna write them to confirm if the info was correct. Otherwise, I could only imagine my bot become a fireball

Thank you for input Chris. I

Thank you for input Chris. I will ask for that switch.

OK, that was a mistake! 148A

OK, that was a mistake! 148A is incorrect.