I am currently building a car that works with skid steering (4wd) with 4 seperate micrometal gear motors. I have them connected to an arduino uno for now, but in the future i would like to transition to a smaller arduino ( mini pro, teensy, etc). I am using two DRV8835 Dual Motor Driver Carrier in order for each driver to control two motors seperately. I am controlling these motors through PWM.
My constraints and considerations are:
- The car must be super light weight, so I would prefer a smaller device
- The remote control must be ergonomic for user
- I would prefer a joy stick type remote in order to variate the speed transitionally.
- NOT concerned with long range, only about 10-20 ft
- Low power consumption is a must.
- I would also like it control a Brushless DC motor in the future, but not varying speed, just on and off.
Thank you for the help!!