Battery Mounts

The SES is very flexible, and the bots show it.
I think there is an area which should be addressed, as only the SES can. I know we all have different ideas on how to power the various bots, but there are several standards in battery design and use.

I’d like to see battery mounts in the SES style for a few of the more popular battery configurations. More specifically, mounts suited to rapid switching of standard battery packs. An SES battery cradle, easy to attach and easy to access, would be a great addition.

I’ve had ‘issues’ with battery mounting in my bots, as it seems they weren’t designed with battery swapping in mind. I wind up having to disassemble a chassis component to get to the battery to swap it out for a fresh one, or for recharging.

A battery cradle, with a swing-out panel for access… YEAH! Lets see… a 9 volt cradle, a sub-C 6 volt cradle, a 7.2 volt RC type cradle, maybe a 12 volt one too. I think this could sell!

Lets all give Lynxmotion a hard time until they knuckle under and make some!
(Always looking to start trouble :smiling_imp: )

i have seen a few very good battery holder designed on her that do accommodate these things you are talking about.
i use a nice little holder for the 9v,
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/innerbreed/100_1168.jpg
and
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/innerbreed/100_1439.jpg

i know most of us suffer with “where to put the battery’s” but really i think it just inspires creativeness and design.

Nice!
But 9 volt batteries aren’t the main concern. The main power batteries need a swappable setup, and an SES-compatible bracket would fit in so well!

I’ve even tried slinging the 6 volt packs under a hex, secured with velcro straps. Yeah, it worked, but it reduced ground clearance and the velcro never held it quite as securely as I’d have liked. An SES system would still provide plenty of flexibility for creative mounting solutions, and also provide a clean standard mount.

I like to have at least one charged set of batteries apart from the mounted ones, and right now making the swap is clumsy. I’m working on an aluminum plate cradle now, but a professionally-produced one would certainly be cleaner and look so much better (my fabricating skills aren’t superb, just barely functional.)

Hey, I like the SES system, I just want it expanded!