BasicMicro Ad in SERVO magazine

Hey all,

I just got my October issue of servo magazine, and there is an ad for BasicMicro with all sorts of new products (motor controllers, relays, control boards ect.). I went to their site, and do not see any of this. does anyone know if they are coming soon?

I can verify they are coming soon. Got samples here. Just waiting for docs and production. 8)

Noo!!! too much information! :stuck_out_tongue:

waits anxiously

Yep, you can see some of these in operation on some of the videos on the Basic Micro website:
basicmicro.com/

So far I have had the luck to play with one of the Cylon LED devices. They have something like 41 different modes. You can switch the mode by clicking on a real tiny switch on the device or better yet, you can send it serial commands that are similar to SSC type commands, and have it select specific modes.

It is also my understanding that you will be able to string multiple of these devices off on one IO line and have different logical device numbers and control all of them with serial commands. That was shown in one of the demo videos up on their website…

Should be fun,
Kurt

Yes I can verify this as well. James has set up several devices on a single I/O pin and it works very well. 8)

Now hopefully someone will ship some standard cables or adapters that make it easy to plug in multiple of these units. My guess is you could use something like the Y adapters: lynxmotion.com/Product.aspx?productID=81&CategoryID=44, but it might be nice to setup a simple daisy chain type of adapter that has one set of female pins to plug in to a board and two sets of male pins to plug the cable into as the cable to the next one…

Kurt

Like end-to-end xmas lights! :laughing:

Take a look at page 44!

Alan KM6VV

I don’t have my october issue yet. I have not checked the mail in three days. It might be sitting in the mail box!! :open_mouth:

Yes, I know, the Creepy Hybrid. 8)

Good job explaining the IK! :slight_smile:

New robotics electronics available at BasicMicro!
basicmicro.com/Category.aspx?CategoryID=51

I’d like to see the owners manual and schematic on the below board to see how it works. Might be able to drive larger MOSFETs with it.

basicmicro.com/Product.aspx?prod … egoryID=51

I have been having fun playing with some of these new gadgets :smiley: . Many of them can be controlled like servos, or simply on or off or through a simple serial interface. Here is some information on some of them by Nathan:

One nice thing about these is you can hook up multiple ones on the same IO line. You do have to rig up some wiring like a Y connector, but it is great if you are running low on IO pins. I have found that the baud mode of i38400 works on them.

Kurt
[/quote]