Basic Electronics #1: The Notebook

My first tip in this series is also the most important- the Notebook and other tools. In this tutorial we will cover:

• The Pencil
  • The Notebook/Notepad
  • The Calculator
  • Exploring all their uses

Let's start out with the Notebook. Think of a Notebook as your favorite companion- because it is your most useful item. In your Notebook you can sketch, generate ideas, write schematics, write down costs and locations, make a to-do list, write a short bio for your new bot, share it with others, have fun doodling and thinking, and MUCH more. When writing in your notebook, try not to use a ton of space on each page, and try to fit as much as you can onto it. We want to save trees and have more paper here. Try and have a different Notebook for different types of robots, or different Notebooks for sketching, writing, etc.

There's also this brand new, great thing called a pencil! I'd think that this is pretty important to go along with your Notebook too. Pencils should always be sharp, have a nice amount of eraser, and shouldn't be too small to work with. When sketching, remember it isn't art class, so you can use your pencil as badly as needed! Always remember to bring more than one pencil well just in case. Try holding your pencil near the tip for better drawing results.

009.jpg

Next we have the mighty calculator. You can use the calculator to calculate angles, sides, prices, etc.- it's pretty straight forward. Explore all the different ways you can use the calculator with the manual that comes with it. Remember that mind overpowers machine, so if you think your calculator's wrong- you're probably right.

012.jpg

Lastly, I would like to discuss the uses of your tools together.

SKETCHING
When you sketch:

• Don't care about small mistakes.
  • Make a front, side, top, rear, and 3D view of your model.
  • Hold your pencil at the tip to be more precise.
  • Draw small.
  • Make as many sketches and ideas as you want!

011.jpg

After you have sketched your model, make a brief bio including materials, what it does, what it can be applied to, its dimensions, weight, and size, its name (make a list of possible names and eliminate choices), the power it uses, and anything else it uses.

It's all up to you, thanks for reading!

-GhostMilitia

…ok, cute sketch.

…ok, cute sketch.

Why is the rocket & sputnik

Why is the rocket & sputnik crossed out?
MarkusB and I would not have crossed those out ! 

Just a demo

Haha! Yeah me neither- I wa just doodling random things I made this knida quick. I was waiting for someone to realize the sputnik though!

You say it!

You say it!

Sketch #5 looks a bit like

Sketch #5 looks a bit like the squid machines from The Matrix.

I times of many different

I times of many different *Pads, netbooks and other computers it’s been forgotten to use a paper and a pensil to write down notes. I am using them as well and i think it’s better than to use a *Pad since you don’t have to power this on, you will probably never delate anything by accident and it’s just handy.