I am building a snow machine (rotating wire mesh barrel dropping snow product) and am thinking about using this servo motor:
How do I control this motor?
Hi @Tompwhite and welcome to the forum!
Read more here: https://community.robotshop.com/tutorials/show/how-to-make-a-robot-lesson-5-choosing-a-motor-controller
Have you already choose which micro-controller you will use?
@igor_X Thank you for your response!
I am trying to determine if I need a microcontroller or a motor controller or both…
I am actually building 3 of these show machines. Here are some of my questions:
- Do I need a controller (micro or motor) if I just need the machines to turn on and off?
- Will the controller give me the ability to change the rotation rate?
- Can I control all 3 of the servo motors with the same controller (motor controller?)
- Can I use a tester to run these motors? I’m thinking about the Servocity Manual Servo Driver or the Mini Servo esc tester.
- If I do use the ServoCity Driver, could one of the two outputs drive two servos? (this is kinda like question 3)
Thanks in advance for any assistance