Banana Pi not detecting I2C

My hardware being used is a Banana Pi and Picaxe 28X2.

The question is Hardware and Linux based, but I'll give a quick background:
I recently started a clean OS install of Bananian, which is a Debian distro of Linux. It claims to have an I2C handler included in it's Kernel, rather than using it via a module. The original python app was written for the RPi which has it's I2C GPIO on Bus 1. The Banana Pi has the I2C on Bus 2 and I remember having to change which bus python tried to access to 2 on the app. I'm 90% sure I had it working, but it was some time ago when I put it down.

When I tried to start my project back up with the clean install, [ i2cdetect -y 2 ] would go incredibly slow, I'd Ctrl+C out, as it would draw a - every 10 or so seconds. I also couldn't proram my PicAxe with the USB coord. I powered everything off, disconnected all wires from the PicAxe, and finally wrote to it. I connected it back to the Pi, SDA to SDA, SCL to SCL, and used the same program I used before, including: [ init: hi2csetup i2cslave, %00100000 ].

The Banana Pie sees the address as empty by [ i2cdetect -y2 ]. I feel like I'm overlooking, unless an update to the OS since my last time working on it broke something. I checked voltage on the I2C pins and they still seem be getting power.

Anyone more familiar with what I might be missing?