Bad robot!

Today was the qualification round of DTU robocup. My robot did not do very well at all - it tied with 7 others for the last place - getting 0 points!

When testing the robot on the robocup track the first thing that was wrong was that the lighting was so bright, that the sensors were all fully saturated all the time and thus couldn't see the line. That problem was somewhat solved by adding a lot of cardboard and tape plus some clothing on top to keep the light out.

Next problem was with speed and torque. Since I had not been able to fit the 4:1 gear reduction, the motor had to be driven VERY slowly in order for the robot to stay on the line. This means it had very low torque and that resulted in the robot not being able to climb the ramp after port number two. Of course this was not a problem at the actual qualification round since the robot lost the line shortly after start in both of the runs.

I learned some lessons and hopefully I will try to use what I learned in the next robot for robocup in a years time.

I forgot to take pictures at the competition!

Maybe I will try to make the robot work better at home some time soon.

Now it must be time to do some chair challenging!

Thanks for the update - keep

Thanks for the update - keep on trucking, bro :wink:

/ Fritsl

thanks for info, hope you

thanks for info, hope you get more luck next time, or with the chair challenge.

Try to tuneup you robot starting now… and don’t let it to the last month before the challenge, this will give you time to do all the tests.

Rush to the chair =P