B.E.A.T.S.

This is my robot B.E.A.T.S. It is a YDM clone.

B.E.A.T.S. stands for, Bot Entertaining Autonomously Through Sound.

It took me about a month (off and on) to build this robot, but I had a lot of fun (and a little frustration).

The following is a list of parts used:
Electronics Carrier - Ant-Style = $13.00
PICAXE-28X Starter Pack = $32.00
SRF05 Ultrasonic Ranger = $30.00
Gear Motor and Tread Package = $40.00
Gear Motor 10 - Geared pager motor = $10.00x4 = $40.00
BlinkM= $13.00
tinyCylon = $10.00
Sampler board = $11.00
Misc parts (wire, led, speakers...) = $40.00
Total = ~$229

You can view my build blog of this robot here.

Although I consider this robot complete, I am still fine tuning the code to make it better.

Finds things to play a beat on.

• Actuators / output devices: 4x GM10 81:1 geared pager motors
  • CPU: Picaxe 28x1
  • Power source: 4x 1.2V NIMH batteries
  • Sensors / input devices: SRF05 Ultra Sound
  • Target environment: Indoors is best

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/b-e-a-t-s

Wow, B.E.A.T.S came out

Wow, B.E.A.T.S came out looking great!

• Firstly, a very, very nice looking build.
  • Second, and maybe even more important, you really demonstrated perserverence in working through your problems. Congratulations!
  • Third, you made a wonderful video and a great robot post with very nicely done pictures. Good work!
  • Lastly, thanks for the 1:20 of love to Frits, myself and the LMR community in your video. So nice of you.

Once again, great work. Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

Great job!

He looks really cool. well done. and except the original ydm, this is the only drum robot on lmr with a working sampler on it I believe. well done. also really nice pictures you’ve taken. (may I ask you what model camera you have?)

Your robot looks great!

Your robot looks great! Congrats. However I can’t see the video :frowning:  It says that it cannot be seem in my country (Canada) due to copywrites…any idea why?

Thanks!The camera I have is

Thanks!

The camera I have is a 7.2mp Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 (mine is pink), I got if off ebay about two years ago for about $60USD. It’s a pretty nice camera. There is also a water-proof case for it that allows you to use it underwater.

That’s strange.

Let me check and see what is wrong. Maybe I will upload it somewhere else.

Oh, it’s the music at the beginning I think, I will redo the video.

Ok.

The video should work now, please let me know if it doesn’t.

Great,thanks,I can see the

Great,thanks,I can see the video now :slight_smile:  I like your robot,thanks for sharing my friend.

serious?

I’ve got the same camera :smiley: actually when I compare your pictures with my solenoid drumbot picture, mine is also quite good.

no need for an other camera then… :slight_smile:

I think it’s all in the

I think it’s all in the lighting!!