Automatic Trashcan

Auto_Trash_Parts.jpg (49394Bytes)

My mom really looked up to my electronic Wiz and said: Build me an automatic trash can. So I started planning. You can also build this as i show you how to cause if you go out and buy a ready made one. they can be up to $80. So, I'll make one my self.

P7050264.jpg

This is our trash can. And it's going to get a Makeover.

PARTS:

I still have to order these parts but here is the list of all of them. You can view it below or download and print it out and use it as a check list above. :)

Auto_Trash_Parts.jpg

awesome, love
awesome, love it…video??? :smiley:

I’d love to add a video but
I’d love to add a video but I haven’t started. :stuck_out_tongue:

ha!

dude, great idea! This is where LMR moves into the practical side of things!

ps: love your icon! need to find me a hamburger robot or something

I can take a picture of the
I can take a picture of the dent in my car from someone backing into me… :smiley:

that was a bit of lmr
that was a bit of lmr humor…

**Nice idea! I cant count the**<br><p>Nice idea! I cant count the number of times I need to chuck something in the bin but don`t want to get up. Maybe if I made a bin that came to me when called…

Cool!!
Cool!!

9v
by the way dont run it at 9v unless you have a power regulator. 5v is good.

That’s a great idea but I
That’s a great idea but I feel voice recognition is beyond my reach.

then - how about…

triggering by clapping? or shouting?

clap, or shout, and the bin rolls forward maybe half a metre, opens, pauses for 5 sec, then closes and rolls back?

I couldn’t find much online about interfacing a picaxe with a sound-activated circuit, but I’m sure it’s possible if you used an appropriate filter.

something like http://www.craigsrobotics.com/vaswitch.htm?

I like this idea. Whistle to

I like this idea. Whistle to open it. Plus it`s 1 more function that seperates it from a foot operated bin.

This pdf is on the picaxe site but it should work for any micro.

Im gonna build one of these
Im gonna build one of these for our dog-sitter…(our dog acts like a human)…Wouldnt it be cheaper if i used a high torque servo, an ultrasonic sensor, and a basic stamp? Or you could replace the ultrasonic sensor with a cheap bump switch…plus, i have more programming experience with a basic stamp (which is very little) just a suggestion…

Good ideas! I like the

Good ideas! I like the PICAXE cause it’s cheap and it’s easy to program. I can’t understand how to program the BASIC stamp.

or…
Why not add a switch, a battery, and a servo? Forget the complications of programing…