Automatic plant watering system with picaxe

I designing a automatic plant watering system

.A probe is placed in grow bag.It finds the resistance

If the resistance high ( >200 with 1 k conected ) then high 0 and a relay works

It works resistance up to 100 ohm then stops

Do you have a question, or,

are you just telling everyone what you are working on?

Plant Watering
Unni,

When posting to LMR forums please provide enough information such that the viewers can understand whether or not they might want to contribute or make one themselves. General topics that seem to be acceptable (IMO):

1. Is it just an Idea?
  2. Is it a Work In Progress?
  3. Is it a Finished Project?

It seems to be okay to ask for help if you are still in development. If it is finished project, then supply pictures, schematics, details, parts lists, etc of what and how you did it.

I have an interest in you project. Questions:

1. What type and number of electrodes are you using?
  2. How do you measure resistance?
  3. How did you power the unit?
  4. What type of water valve did you use?
  5. Is it stable enough to leave it unattended to 2 weeks?
  6. What electronics do you incorporate?
  7. How long does it take for the water to reach the electrodes?
  8. Overflow?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
George

One of my first projects

One of my first projects with arduino was like this:D Then i wanted a robot to fetch the water or the seeds and i got a little carried away

**Automatic plant watering system with picaxe **

Thanks to all I completed this project

Hai ggallant reply to ur questions

1. What type and number of electrodes are you using? I set 2 probs to each grow  then 10 bags
  2. How do you measure resistance?                            picaxe  finds the resistance
  3. How did you power the unit?    power is from chargable cell and it have 4.8v charger
  4. What type of water valve did you use?    picaxe works an ac motor
  5. Is it stable enough to leave it unattended to 2 weeks? I worked it for 23 days unattending for ist time now it working on
  6. What electronics do you incorporate? 1k ohm resistace and 6v relay
  7. How long does it take for the water to reach the electrodes? if one grow bag is used below one minute half hp ac motor (for 10 growbags 4 or 5 mts
  8. Overflow? no it is not over flowing  now I am modifying it with drip tubes.I shall post a picture after that

Water delay

Unni,

I am courious how you know when to turn off the water. Seems to me that there must be a delay between the time the water is in the grow bag and reaching the sensor.

Please post pictures and design drawings.